I'm back (not that you noticed)

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
edbangor
Dispatcher

I'm back (not that you noticed) Unread post

I've been gone a while - over six months - not that anyone probably noticed but never mind, I'm back now, with a new Windows7 computer so thanks to Shope for the thread on instructions for getting RT3 running on M$ latest, although I'm going to have to replace my "Play" disc as it's so cracked and worn, that it doesn't always get recognised.

Anyway, next stop is to put Trainmaster back on once I've re-read all the instructions for installing it and got all the files re-downloaded as I had a somewhat serious systems failure and need to re-download everything from here (thanks Hawk!).

So, to save me cutting into my traintime by reading the entire forum, did I miss anything while I was gone?
What are the new 'hot' maps and add-ons for RT3 and TM?
And is there anything I should know.

Good to be back.
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
Sugus
Engineer

Re: I'm back (not that you noticed) Unread post

Welcome back, edbangor!
Any activities concerning a Hub 4 (for both RT3 and TM)? ^**lylgh
There's no business like RT business ...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Welcome back Graham, and YES - you were missed. :mrgreen:

I don't believe you've missed much of anything, other than about 300 RT3 maps being added to the archives. 98% of those are German translations, primarily by Sugus, but Molse closed down his site so I did grab all the maps from there that I didn't already have and added them to the archives.

I don't believe there's been any updates to TM. Ned has been a bit busy buying a new house and getting moved.
Hawk
edbangor
Dispatcher

Thanks for the welcome back guys.
Sugus wrote:Any activities concerning a Hub 4 (for both RT3 and TM)? ^**lylgh
As I remember the Hub series ran through the entire time line of Trainmaster anyway so there can't be a part four.
At least I hope not as I want to actually play the game for a while to get back used to it, before I even think about heading towards the editor, as that way I can avoid using this smiley !hairpull! for a long, long time.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I noticed you were away, but just figured you were busy doing stuff.

I am right now posting from inside my new house. Still moving in, but my computer came over today and I will be slleping here for the first time tonight. Once things get settled a bit more I am hoping to work on TM stuff very soon.
edbangor
Dispatcher

nedfumpkin wrote:I am right now posting from inside my new house. Still moving in, but my computer came over today and I will be slleping here for the first time tonight. Once things get settled a bit more I am hoping to work on TM stuff very soon.
I did wonder where you were, and what you'd been doing, once I got back in here, as there weren't as many TM updates as I was expecting.
Still at least that means I've not missed anything.
Blackhawk
CEO

Welcome back. And I too noticed you were away. I remember you were working on a Channel map in TM. I unfortunately haven't been as busy in making TM maps as I would have liked either.
edbangor
Dispatcher

Blackhawk wrote: I remember you were working on a Channel map in TM.
Yes I was, but alas due to "operator error", my back files got corrupted, so I don't have anything I was working on before. However there are some files still in my 'sent' mailbox here on H&BRf that I might be able to do something with, but without my notes of what I was planning to do and had done, it would probably be quicker to start from scratch.
Blackhawk wrote: I unfortunately haven't been as busy in making TM maps as I would have liked either.
It's almost like, with Ned being busy, all us map builders have rather slacked off, doesn't it. ^**lylgh
OilCan
Engineer

Welcome back! I did notice that you were being unusally quiet. I figured that you were like most of us and the demands of a real life made you step away for awhile.
I've also noticed that Belbincolne is doing the same thing.
You didn't miss too much. Postings are mostly about compatibility issues. I'm sure Ned will be glad to have his TM twin back on the forum.