RT3 Events Commands

Ins and Outs of Creating the Map
Pongo

RT3 Events Commands Unread post

Where can I get a list of the commands for setting up events in RT3 map editor? I can't find any information on the RT3 discs.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: RT3 Events Commands Unread post

Unlike RT2, the event choices are pre-defined in RT3.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

The editor commands are pretty intuitive, and you can also learn by looking at what other people have done in maps.

But really, if you are looking for a guide, your best bet is to read through the 900 million messages that have been posted since there is in effect a guide in there just not all in one place, or your next option is to just ask any questions you may have.

Generally if you are trying to accomplish something and can't figure it out on your own, post it and within minutes you will likely be getting a response. I'm always here as are others who will offer their help.

<spam> But if you are really interested in learning create maps for RT3...then you will definitely want to check out Trainmaster where your options for different things is so much greater, and you get to be part of the.....<echo>FUTURE</echo><spam> (Plus I will freely teach you all the stuff I make up as I go along) ^**lylgh
Sugus
Engineer

... and all that could be done by spending two or three evenings. ^**lylgh
There's no business like RT business ...
Pongo

Thanx Hawk, you've resolved my problem. I never thought of that!
edbangor
Dispatcher

To learn the events codes, just do what I do, have two versions of RT3 (or one TM in my case) running at once, and both open on screen.
One with the scenario you're writing in it, open in the editor, and with the editor ready to open any/all scenarios with an event similar to the one you want.
Then just copy (and change) as you want. ::!**!
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
OilCan
Engineer

nedfumpkin wrote:But really, if you are looking for a guide, your best bet is to read through the 900 million messages that have been posted since there is in effect a guide in there just not all in one place, or your next option is to just ask any questions you may have.
Sounds like we need a hand book for how to use the game editor. Sugus or Edbangor, are you up to it?
Sugus
Engineer

Let's talk about that when I've completed the "translation phase". There are still some hard to translate scenarios (wsherrick!), but thereafter I at least would help to reach the goal of an "RT3 editor guide". Maybe 2010 is a good year for such things ...
There's no business like RT business ...
edbangor
Dispatcher

I'll try to help as well but I feel I've only barely scraped the side of what the editor to do.
There are people on here who can build really complex events, but yet seem to be keeping their heads down for some reason. ^**lylgh
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical