Scenary, Terrain Painting & Trees

Ins and Outs of Creating the Map
Canadian Viking
Brakeman

Scenary, Terrain Painting & Trees Post

I am about ready to begin working on the scenic details of my scenario, which I'm calling Building to Buffalo. I expect I will need to do a lot of trial and error learning about coloring the landscape, planting trees, etc. But I'm hoping that you veterans of map landscaping might have some tips you can pass on from your experience of things to do, or NOT do, that result in good looking scenery. Anyone care to give us your methods? :?:
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I am definitely not artistic in any way so can't give you any positive tips, only this one negative one - I've found the colours "fade" (not really the right word) if you save the map too much so I would say do the painting as absolutely the last thing before you finally finish the map.
But here's something I learnt recently - which you probably will know already. I couldn't figure out the fill tool :roll: - what it meant by "above the slected point" and "below the selected point". In case you have the same dificulty, it means, literally, what it says - "above" as in altitude, so you can do all the mountain-tops wih snow, for example - or all the beaches with sand.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I believe the issue of the colors fading is related to your video card. There's been some that haven't had that problem and some that have.
Best advice is to do as Ruth suggested and do all the events and other scenario settings first.
It also helps to save the map with a different name each time if you do any coloring first. Then when you're done you can save it with the final name. That helps to avoid the fading.
Hawk