How do you get 2-for-1 at Ports/Warehouses?

Tips and Tricks on Events, Economy, etc.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

How do you get 2-for-1 at Ports/Warehouses? Unread post

I noticed in several maps that warehouses can supply 2 of something in exchange for one of something else. How id this done. I don't see any options on the Port/Warehouse setups that allow this, only the maximum number of all products.
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

First set a port to only supply 2 of something then change/add a demand cargo that produces those first 2 cargos.
EPH
Dispatcher

Unread post

I always put a port or warehouse on the map so I can instantly check the values. Then set both supply and demand and check the port or warehouse for confirmation. The port/warehouse can then be deleted if desired.

Be advised that supply demand ratios of x for 1 are possible but other ratios (such as 3 for 2) are not.
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Unread post

Gwizz wrote:First set a port to only supply 2 of something then change/add a demand cargo that produces those first 2 cargos.
Do you have to do a "save" or exit out of the warehouse set up screen before adding the new demand cargo or can you just set up to supply 2 of something (wool, for instance) and then change it to exchange say grain for wool.
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

You can change the demand/supply number in the editor. It's in the upper right hand corner of the ports/warehouse section. Just go up there and click on it. I don't know how to change the demand/supply proportion though. Another good question to ask, which I never thought of until now-does the ratio have to do with the price or value of a product versus another, for example; is cotton worth less than furniture or cars, so it would take say 2 cottons for one car?
EPH
Dispatcher

Unread post

As far as I know the exchange isn't made by price but by quantity alone, but it only works as demanding one unit and supplying one or more.
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell