Placing the correct Port/Warehouse

Tips and Tricks on Events, Economy, etc.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Placing the correct Port/Warehouse Post

In 1.06, I've named my Ports & Warehouses with the ": %1" prefix (be advised that you need a space between the colon ":" and anything that follows for it to be recognized as a name prefix). In the Editor "Build" menu, I see the names of Ports and Warehouses just as I have named them, but if I write an event to place a port or warehouse, I don't see the specific names. I get one entry each for "Port" and "Warehouse" in the alphabetical list, and then 11 more "Port" and 11 more "Warehouse" at the bottom of the list, but the specific names are missing. I assume that the first entry for each in the alphabetical list refers to the first on my list of Port/Warehouse descriptions, and the rest at the end of the alphabetical list refer to numbers 2 through 12 on the list of Port/Warehouse descriptions.

Can anyone confirm or refute this assumption?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Placing the correct Port/Warehouse Post

I can confirm in 1.05 that that is house the ports and warehouses are handled. You have to count.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

See if this thread helps any.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=885&hilit=ports

Ned - In the 1.05 patch you didn't have the ability to name ports and warehouses. I think what Wolvy is talking about is that ability being added to the 1.06 patch, as described in the pdf:
Adds ability to rename ports and warehouses. If a recipe name begins with a colon, it
replaces the port or warehouse name. A %1 in the name will be replaced with 'Port' or
'Warehouse' as appropriate. Examples: ':Foo' causes both the associated port and
warehouse to be named Foo. ':%1 Foo' causes the port to be named 'Port Foo' and
the warehouse to be named 'Warehouse Foo'. These new names will show up on
buildings, in build and industry lists, and in the event names.
Hawk
Grandma Ruth
CEO

You should see the name in the build menu, but I notice it doesn't show up in the "add building" effect - it's still just the list of ports and warehouses and you do have to count down the list.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

That's what I thought. Now if I only had an extra finger on each hand. **!!!**