organizing events

Tips and Tricks on Events, Economy, etc.
nedfumpkin
CEO

organizing events Unread post

I'm going to file this one under....'why didn't I think about this before'...

I'm currently working on a scenario that is going to have a number of events that effect one thing, such as buildable track pieces. I am also working on spawning industry based on passenger traffic to certain areas. Other stuff too.

To help me keep the different events sorted out, I have created blank events with the title simply: -------------------

I am using these events, if you could call them that, to put separators between the group events. It really breaks things up visually, and I am finding it is making a big difference when it comes to sorting things out.

When I am done the scenario, I may, or may not delete these events.

Just passing it along as a tip.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: organizing events Unread post

I used that trick in the North v South or whatever I end up calling it scenario. With events for the first part, then one possible path, and another possible path. In really helped break up the list and help me see where things started and ended. In the end they can be deleted, or used and renamed. If you rename it something like -----1857msg----- it still breaks up the events, and gives you a general idea maybe it's also now an event for a newspaper to appear in 1857.
brunom
Dispatcher

Funny how things go!

I have started to do that in the map I a scenario I'm also finishing... instead of blank, I used events called ...SEPARATOR #1... set to alway false and even use the text box to write notes for myself.

B
edbangor
Dispatcher

Seems like a neat idea.
Anyone who has looked at my maps - mostly for TM of course - will see that I tend to group things together by name and in a rough order of (starting at the top)

Ledger
Setup
-various groupings to do with whatever is happening in the scenario such as territory access, goals etc-
Victory events (including early finishes etc)

The first two and the last one will always be the same, but the middle ones will move around depending on what's going on.

For Warrington Wire, which probably had the most events of anything I've done, it was slightly different as nearly all the events were date based, so I just stored them in date order which, obviously was also the order they would be fired in anyway.
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
dazzharvey
Hobo

I had a weekend free due to the fact that my town was half underwater on fri and saturday so couldn't go anywhere, so I thought I'd play a bit and take a break from it all and just play a bit.

Mostly I enjoyed this scenario, I liked the way that warrington wire worked for the events, would like to credit edbangor on the map, especially with the historic feel to it, with all the bulletins, and brief history of the towns. I did have 1 grumble about it though which was probably my own fault in the 1st place ^**lylgh I found I didn't have enough coal and iron shipping around the map to make enough steel for me to make it in the challenge, i managed to get a game point or 2 but all my points just drained away because i wasn't able to meet the quotas, it was my 1st go and enjoyed the game, no hang ups and no bugs to report :-)

Nice work
Hawk
The Big Dawg

dazzharvey wrote:Mostly I enjoyed this scenario,
Which scenario is it?
Hawk
dazzharvey
Hobo

The Warrington Wire campaign (CA02)