Writing Events

Tips and Tricks on Events, Economy, etc.
cheminot
Brakeman

Writing Events Unread post

Wonder why that thread got locked.
I Was hoping that it would lead me to find out how events were writen out.
Fer instanz, the 'Dry lake' scenario have some very interesting events, but even with the editor, I can't make heads or tails out of them. *!*!*!
But then, I can't make heads or tails out of my new girlfriend. I guess that would be a new thread -he-he- :lol:

Seriously, event writing should be more available to laymen, many of us 'noobs' would love to be able to create a scenario or so.
"He who knows that he doesn't know anything, knows a lot"
jewish proverb
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Writing Events Unread post

Moved to the Scenario Writing forum.

Have you had a look through this forum at all?

Have you has a look at the 10 tutorials found at the Tips, Tutorials, Utilities section of the website?
A little reading might help you some. ;-)
cheminot wrote:Wonder why that thread got locked.
What thread are you talking about?
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

The post in that thread said Hawk was closing that thread because Ned opened up a different thread on a possible guide on event writing in the next to last post. I do not know how far Ned and Oilcan came on the idea of creating an event writing guide though.

A couple thoughts on learning about events. 1. Look at a variety of scenarios and see how they work and maybe you'll get a general idea of it. 2. Dive in and try some things to get a feel of it. After you get a little experience with it maybe then you might want to modify or expand on a current scenario's events. It can be difficult to jump into someone else's scenario and figure out what is going on with the events as the variables may be set up in a way where they are difficult to follow. (In one of my own beta maps i made awhile ago, I have no idea what the variables do as I have lost my notes on them so making future changes will be difficult).
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Blackhawk wrote:I do not know how far Ned and Oilcan came on the idea of creating an event writing guide though.
As I mentioned in my previous post, there's 10 tutorials on Writing RT3 events by OilCan on the website.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

I figured Oilcan was pretty active. I was posting that as the same time you posted so I hadn't noticed what you wrote oops. **!!!**
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I kind'a figured that. :mrgreen:
Hawk
OilCan
Engineer

Thanks for the reminder. I need to send in the remaining examples, about 10 more.
cheminot
Brakeman

Hawk: re your post of may 1st.
the locked thread is at "Guide on how to write RT3 events" I think in the Reviews.
!!jabber!!
jewish proverb
Hawk
The Big Dawg

cheminot wrote:Hawk: re your post of may 1st.
the locked thread is at "Guide on how to write RT3 events" I think in the Reviews.
!!jabber!!
A link might have helped, but if you're talking about the thread, titled "Guide on how to write RT3 events", found in the "Railroad Tycoon III ‹ Letters to the Editor ‹ Scenario Writing" forum, at this link - viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3362 - it's not locked.

If you're talking about another thread, a link to it would help.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

Hawk remember this was originally posted in the Poll section of the forums. A couple threads down from this post was a poll named "Guide on how to write RT3 events" viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3349 It's locked because Ned started a subsequent thread on what should be included in the guide since the majority vote was for a guide to be created. (which is the post you linked to).

To answer cheminot's question, the poll was decided and a 2nd thread was created to decide what should be included in the guide. That's why the original thread was locked.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Ah ! I see now.
Glad you figured out what he was talking about.
Hawk
cheminot
Brakeman

Hawk: I spent a good couple hours trying to coordinate your question and the link. :oops:
I have a little trouble navigating in all these forums/posts and whatnots. :-(
Glad you got it cleared.

Blackhawk: !$th_u$! for your input. you're precious fella!
jewish proverb