Close announcement>
If you need to contact an administrator about account activation (or resurrection)
the email address is: admin @ hawkdawg . com (remove the four blank spaces).

increasing / decreasing track cost

Tips and Tricks on Events, Economy, etc.
HighVoltage
Brakeman

increasing / decreasing track cost

Unread post by HighVoltage »

having a few issues on my map with it...

Reason is:
During building of the track over the Semmering pass (which was planned to be double tracked) I will allow/encourage/force the player to use single track (as in the game there won't be that much traffic on the not finished mountain track, so why have double track?!).
Now, the Tunnels, bridges and the normal track slope had to be done for double track anyway.
WHICH MEANS for the game: building the initial slope was very expensive (building started in 1848), but laying the second track at the end of bulding the railroad (the 2nd track actually was done in 1853/54) was much cheaper. :!:

So I first had to make track building more expensive:
-) 'normal' track: in the editor I've done this with ALL TRACKS
-) costs of bridge building
-) costs of tunnel building

Not knowing what the relations between TOTAL cost of track (trackbed/fundament + building a bridge + digging a tunnel) and only laying the steel rails is, I'd like to ask you all, what you suggest (maybe there's a real railroad engineer among us?!) - or how you would set the costs... :?:

Here are my suggestions:
:arrow: ALL tracks: + 20% .... I just guess, the second rail track is about 20% of the whole effort.

PLUS:
:arrow: bridges: + another 25%.... this would equal to 50% more compared to the RT3 standard
.........as, say, a line of track costs 100.000$ + 20% general = 120.000$....+25% = 150.000$ ... so you can say building a bridge which would have cost 100.000$ before now costs 50% more (150.000$)
:arrow: tunnels: + another 50%....this would equal to 80% more than normal

What do you say? Realistic? :?:

Second part is to offset that effect as soon as the line (in single track) is completed-> now only the second rail track must be laid, no need to dig tunnels, no need to build bridges, as this had to be done before during constructing the line.
But that's just some messing with mathematics.... reduce the track costs so much that the total sum of money spent on building track is equal to the amount that would have been spent if there was no track cost modification at all.... 8)
With the Railroad, distances are disappearing, material interests are promoted, culture is raised and spread.
Carl Ritter von Ghega