Can't figure out how to do it

Tips and Tricks on Events, Economy, etc.
europegrad
Hobo

Re: Can't figure out how to do it Unread post

Now I'll bother you guys with yet another question.

When a company is founded, AI or human, I want the CEO to have the following choice:

- get a $ 2.700.000 grant, but be required to pay an income tax (already implemented) and face industry investment surcharges (to prevent spending the money on industries as it is a "rail expansions grant").

- do not get the money and operate normally

Everything else is fine, but I got stuck with the conditions and an unexpected effect:

It's a CHOICE upon company start

[Conditions]
PV1 != 8 (to avoid a CEO using the benefit twice or more starting multiple companies)
Years since start of the game < 9 (to avoid late companies taking advantage of it)
* test against all players

[Effects]
>Choice
PV1 = 8

>Choice 2
Company Cash + 2700000
PV1 = 8
Buy/Build Industries Cost +300%
Merger Premium +200%

The problem is as that as I found a company, I get (number of players * 2700000) grant, not just one. If I'm playing just with one opponent, I get 5400000, with 10 opponents I get 27000000.

Any idea what is this happening?
nedfumpkin
CEO

It's in how your conditions are set. Apply effects only once per event. Apply only to the company/player for which it is ture.
brunom
Dispatcher

I have found when programming for Gibraltar Express that when you create a "choice" event all AI players deal with that event as well.

Which means each AI player will choose the grant over no-grant. Because you "called" the company that was just started into context, all "Company Cash +2.7M" effects apply to that company, no matter which player is dealing with the choice.

At least, that's my theory.

I think Ned's solution will work.

I can imagine it to cause a problem if you want AI companies to get the grant too - but you can program it separately in a different event. (beware that that much liquidity may cause AI to spawn a lot of track in its usual "ugly" way)

B
europegrad
Hobo

beware that that much liquidity may cause AI to spawn a lot of track in its usual "ugly" way)
That is why I'll have track laying limitations :)