More articulated steam?

Creating and Editing Rollingstock
WPandP
Engineer

Unread post

How about 50 mph and below average acceleration then. That way it will shine in long-haul freight deliveries, especially over hills. That's actually what my scenario needs, as I have coal mines way far away from the warehouses which demand it (to represent coal marshalling yards), so I think they'd still be useful in the game in that niche.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Sorry too late :wink: I just sent you email with Class Y3. With 40 MPH top speed

Ok, it can be changed if needed. Give it a test and see how it works in the game.

The reason why I don't want to give 50 MPH, is that it would make Mikado obsolent. Then there is no reason to use Mikado. Higher price tag is rarely a problem as usually there is too much money anyway.
WPandP
Engineer

Unread post

If others are lurking and wondering what is happening with the development of the Y, it is going well, but bombadiere and I are putting the engine through its paces to see what the right game balance would be. The comparison to the Mikado is a fair one, as this is the go-to freight engine of the time period when the Y becomes available.

My thought is that the Mike ought to do well with trains of up to about 6 cars plus caboose, but the Y would be better with 7 or 8 cars anywhere there are hills of greater than 2%. The much cheaper Mike is still a very capable engine in those conditions, so I don't think being outclassed by the Y would make it "obsolete". Those with a mostly level route would still do better with the smaller engine.

So, once we can settle in on a set of specs that makes the Y worthwhile in its niche, it will be available. I plan to offer it on my website, but we can also upload it here. Keep watching this space!
WPandP
Engineer

Unread post

The Norfolk & Western locomotives are now available!

Bombadiere and I are finally done with our work on the Class Y6 2-8-8-2, and it is now available for your use from my web page. Also, the Class J 4-8-4 is available as a separate engine, and it is certainly a sweet one! Find both at:

http://wpandp.com/RRtycoon.html

We would appreciate hearing any feedback you might have as you use these engines.

Hawk, feel free to add these engines to your page as well, if you are so inclined.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

I downloaded them and will get them added tomorrow.
!$th_u$!
I have to remember to add a link to your site on my 'Links' page too. :wink:
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

OK WP. I got the new locos' added to the Extras page.

Edit 1: Added a link to your site on my Links page.
Hawk
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

Okay I like them. :) You did a good job with both. The front of the Y class looks very close and you did a good job chopping the smoke stack down. Thanks for taking my suggestion to make the J class "ultra cool," If that engine doesn't deserve that status-none of them do. I think that many people will get a lot of enjoyment out of them and will find them useful as well. Good job boys :!: