The ‘Un-Official’ Railroad Tycoon 3 Locomotive Pack V-1.0

Creating and Editing Rollingstock
mayer.m

The ‘Un-Official’ Railroad Tycoon 3 Locomotive Pack V-1.0 Unread post

Dear friends of "Railroad Tycoon",
I would extend my RRT3 with the "Railroad Tycoon 3 Locomotive Pack V-1.0", however, is not possible for me, because I have RRT3 for Macintosh and the RRT3-Pack is not to be opened with it for me.

How I could ascertain, all railroad engines which are filed in the "UserExtraContent" as a "PK4" file also do not function at least with my German RRT3! Only the "open" files which I can file directly in the folder "EngineTypes" function are good for my RRT3. For example, individually downloadable Locomotives like "EMD E7", "N*W Class Y6 2-8-8-2", "N*W Class J 4-8-4", "South African Railway Class 25" etc.

Is it possibly, to make the railroad engines which are in the "Railroad Tycoon 3 Locomotive Pack V-1.0", also individually downloadable on your side of "User Created Content".

Thank you very much!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

I know that the Loco Pack adds 24 engines and patches 19 existing engines, but I don't know what all those engines are.
Does anyone have the pdf file handy?
I have the 1.06 patch installed but I don't know what installing the Loco Pack will do to the engines installed with the 1.06 patch so I can't get to the pdf as it's in the exe.
Hawk
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Hawk wrote:I have the 1.06 patch installed but I don't know what installing the Loco Pack will do to the engines installed with the 1.06 patch so I can't get to the pdf as it's in the exe.
Nothing good I am afraid. :? The LocoPack has essentially same engines than 1.06, but the Patch has latest version with improved skins and refined specs. I consider the LocoPack being outdated by the 1.06 Patch.

I think I removed couple LocoPack engines from the 1.06. (Prairie, Royal Hudson and British engines. I wasn’t happy with Prairie and Royal Hudson and Brits are available separately.)
mayer.m

Unread post

I have seen in the PDF-file of the Loco Pack, that there are railroad engines, which I can not download seperatly in the download area of this Railroad Forum like "Italian Vittorio Emanuele II", "British DX Goods", "German G10" etc.

Can everyone take this engines to the download area seperately, that Macintosh user can download this engines? Macintosh user need the "open" datas of this engines to put this datas in the "EngineTypes" folder.

Thank you!

This is one of the best RR3 sides and I like the fine new railroad engines for the game. Many thanks to the "engineers".
bombardiere
Dispatcher

Unread post

Hhhhhmmmm The pack intended as a complete pack. This is why we didn’t offer the engines separately. I guess those could be made available separately, but I don’t have time or interest to repack or write readmes for all engines.

If you are interested some particular engines, I could send those to you. Please PM me your email address and I can send those to you when I have time.