Coru's game mods (and questions!)

Creating and editing buildings and Commodities.
coruscate
Dispatcher

Re: Coru's game mods (and questions!) Unread post

Okay, for all intents and purposes I have a beta ready of the new cargo, their values, the buildings that produce them, eat them and I've connected all of my previous buildings up to the system. Mind you, none of the new buildings are skinned... but still.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'd love to but I am afraid of getting things mixed up with what I am doing.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I have two completely separate installations of RRT. 1.05 on C drive and 1.06 on D drive, with shortcuts on my desktop for both. I see no reason why a person couldn't have even more installations.
Hawk
coruscate
Dispatcher

Awesome, cuz yeah, this put things on a new level.

I'm trying it on my San Diego 1945 and everything generates and everything is translating as it should. Problem is with the new cargo and all I had to scale back the map, and still have to scale back to keep it from eating up ram ^^;;

It's the map, not the mods. But I've gotten through the first "annoying" part of this technique which would be making some of the transformations too complicated to work.

The main parts of the new goods chain which is:

===Tier 1
metal - goods
===Tier 2
goods + metal = goods2
goods + plastic + chemicals + ceramics = goods2 X 2
===Tier 3
goods2 + metal = goods3
goods2 + special element (forgot) + metal = goods3
===Last tier
Prefab Aluminum takes goods2 and other elements to make Parts and military
Weapons factory normal inputs + troops + ammunition = military
(I will need one more "part maker)

===Part eaters
Shipyard, Theme Park, Military Base, Airport, Aerospace Plant, Construction Area

Houses demand gods2 but not goods3, only rich houses and heavy industries and large retailers require goods3.

Houses also demand the new consumer goods (foods, etc.). There's a "Co-Op" made from a Fertilizer factory that plays the civic building grocery store with the original house chain demands multiplied, such as lumber, coal and iron which aren't going to go directly to houses since I had to put the new stuff in their place.

General verbal preview:

The newspaper company is the only "print" producer in the game so far (1833), and it's one of the few businesses that I left with the original, complicated formula. It requires chemicals, compounds and different types of goods along with paper to produce print but can be profitable if supplied. The Quarry (1800) produces earth, and with explosives (ammunition) and or something else it can produce one load of Uranium (special minerals) or Bauxite (general minerals). Earth can go to ceramic factories or the fertilizer factory. The Lavender farm produces oranics. Those organics go to the Soda Company (1835? Earlier than I thought when I researched it...), the Science Lab and show up as small ingredients in a few "extra" transformations, like fertilizer and farms. The Soda Company is the only drink producer at the moment. The Science Lab is the only compound producer, effectively making it the "Pharmecutical Plant" until I add more of a scientific angle back into it, I think it will even be able to produce military. Food comes out of the cannery, which is also one of the technical buildings, harder to get at. I'll come up with something similar to help along but it works if supplied.

Last but not least the trash update makes the player have to think about how this all ties into the sanitation systems... houses do not produce waste without being fed demands, and not all are active, but that waste has to go somewhere, same with massive factories and people attractors like the theme park. Without a place to send their garbage many places simply can't operate, in the literal and in this world. So far there are three main trash eaters (scrapyard, landfill and recycling plant) but some other buildings such as the aluminum mill and paper mill we be written to accept trash as a less profitable margin than their normal production method. The scrapyard itself recycles, but only with the pressence of some original product like .1 of an automobile.

And now I need to get some sleep before work 8P
nedfumpkin
CEO

Hawk wrote:I have two completely separate installations of RRT. 1.05 on C drive and 1.06 on D drive, with shortcuts on my desktop for both. I see no reason why a person couldn't have even more installations.

The mix up I'm concerned with is in my head. I don't want to even look at another cargo/industry system until I have Trainmaster figured out completely.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Now that I can relate to. :mrgreen:
Hawk
coruscate
Dispatcher

LOL! I know how that goes for multiple reasons.

One this is exertion...
Two every time I see some new little trick I want to incorporate it...
coruscate
Dispatcher

Well it wasn't my map that was causing me to get booted from the game, I just had the graphics on too high ^^;;

I've been feverishly re-working the map and formulas, so far all the new buildings seem to be functioning alright, I'm just making sure the map is as airtight as I can get it before I pass the beta files on.

I also did find a shortcut to achieving something I needed in my map, if you edit the start date of your map, save and come back the map's date will be set to that date. Any building you build on that date will not become active before that year. So for the various malls and Sea World all I did was pre-build each of them by year. Same for other critical industries such as NASSCO and USSB (shipyards).
coruscate
Dispatcher

So far so good on this mod, I've tested the mods in game and they all produce their loads profitably if supplied. Right now I'm going to shift back into skinning and PK4 up the Hospital and Mall.

After that I'm going to give these new buildings at least a rough skin, even if it's just a hue change and a cheap piece of text or logo work, just so I can pk4 them and send them out.

Of note, the Scrapyard I released earlier this week had the wrong 3dp files stuffed into the pk4 file, I've corrected it on my hard drive but have not uploaded the fix yet. It will still load and won't do anything funny, it'll just have the right map on the wrong model until the right Pk4 is installed.
coruscate
Dispatcher

List of buildings so far.

"Negative" industries have skins.

http://healthyinsanity.com/railroad/list1.jpg

Cereal is on the list, it's Ned's, it just produces food instead of goods.
coruscate
Dispatcher

I'm still working on this, I had to take a week off for my sanity though 8p
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I'm just scanning through this thread, really, whilst sorting out the different topics, but it occurs to me that one building we don't have is a garage - you would say filling station, I think, or gas station. We have oil refineries that produce diesel for electric plants, but petrol for retail garages is at least as big a commodity, if not more, I would guess. And we do produce cars, so what do they run on ?? Also there could be possibilities for "green" fuel ? Just my !#2bits#!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Actually, we did discuss this in another thread somewhere, and I considered it for one of the municipal buildings. Since I have still much to do, it's been relegated to the bottom of the list to be done when I make the bio-diesel plant.
Stoker
Engineer

A suggestion I have is to simply rename "Diesel" to "Fuel". It would make more sense as there is only one output from the Refinery, and it could represent everything from Gasoline to Diesel to Home Heating Oil.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
nedfumpkin
CEO

In what I am doing diesel has been renamed to petroleum to represent all products from gasoline and diesel, to home heating oil, grease and lubricating oil. The Oil Refinery will also produce chemicals as well as petroleum products.

The bio-diesel plant will produce the same things in addition to pulpwood.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

!*th_up*! !*th_up*!
Stoker
Engineer

Ned, are you going to rename "Oil" then as well? Perhaps re-naming it "Crude Oil" to differentiate it from "Petroleum" would work. or naming the Refinery output product as "Refined Petroleum" or something like that would work.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
nedfumpkin
CEO

I don't have plans to at this point. Something I have noticed is that all the cargos are one word names and I am not sure if two word names would in fact work. Also, the displays would get messed up if the names are too long.

If anything, I would shorten pretoleum to Petrol, but then that is the British way of saying gasoline.

I'm open to suggestions.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Don't confuse me any more! I've been married to an American for 28 years, and he still says to-may-ter instead of to-mah-to ^**lylgh
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yes, I have heard of this delicacy called Toma Toes, but I cannot find anthying on Wikipedia about Tomas, nor why we eat only the toes. What happens to the rest of this beast once the toes are removed?