Rail Yard Structures or Municipal Buildings broke something

Creating and editing buildings and Commodities.
KevinL
Dispatcher

Rail Yard Structures or Municipal Buildings broke something Unread post

I just downloaded both the RailYard Structures mod and the Municipal buildings mod and now the Commercial buildings demand a load of furniture and a load of goods, instead of a load of paper. I dont think the goods were intentional, was it? I dont know which mod made the change though. Please look into it.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Rail Yard Structures or Municipal Buildings broke something Unread post

I'll look into it and get back to you.
nedfumpkin
CEO

The problem is caused by the formula for commercial buildings has waste being produced from paper. Waste isn't a cargo until 1990 in 1.05 and 1.06.

The goods demand is intentional.

I'll think about how I want to fix this and then post it.
KevinL
Dispatcher

Why would a commercial building want goods? **!!!**

Also, the hardware store demands chemicals. Shouldnt that be fertilizer?
KevinL
Dispatcher

Bump to the surface.

I wish I had saved my original commercial buildings so I could go back to it, as paper isnt as demanded across the game as goods are. Having commercial buildings demand paper created a more profitable network for paper mills.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I meant to get back to this and I forgot...I will try to get it fixed within a couple of days. sorry bout that.
Settebello
Hobo

Hello all. I could successfully install the 1.06 version and most part of the buildings I could find upon your Xtras page, But I've got some problem with a small part of them, and a lot of doubt about the construction of a scenario where may be possible to use all of them. I've a lot of questions too about how to construct scenarios in general ... the small handbook included in my version of the game is very very poor (atrocious) in explication.

I hope I have chosen the correct discussion to ask, that is the only thing I can do at the moment.

More, English is not my motherlanguage, I'm Italian, and I have another lot of questions about some translations ... my version of the game is in Italian language but most part of new buildings have english names, and I could not find the way to have all of them translated into the game, even if I had some good help from the "BuildingPlanner.xls" with the .bca file specifications included within your pages.

As an example, I was surprised when, playing the new version with the new buildings (France scenario included in the original game), I had to notice that most part of cities were equipped with a Waste Incinerator since the start of the game, even if not declared in any Region. I hope that someone of you can help me to comprehend some misterious mechanisms of this fine game.

... and ... I would be happy to play a huge scenario including my fine peninsula ...
... and ... what does "XXX" mean in the industry chart of the scenario editor? ...
... and ... why not to include graveyards or tennis & soccer fields? they make usually part of the landscape near small and big cities ...

Bye bye for now - Carlo (born to ask, alias, the network enzyma)
Settebello
sbaros
Conductor

I just played around a little with the "XXX" building. It seems to me like a testbed to try various skin and geometry combinations for buildings. I am making some progress with building modification methods, which I'll be glad to share once they are advanced enough.
On the Municipal Buildings issue, I think that opinions may vary, as to what activities exactly they accommodate, and what materials are demanded and produced. I think that from a certain point, each user has to edit their own BCA configurations. Eventual uploaded proposals should include explanations of what exactly is modified and why. It did take me some time to correct manually a couple of them.
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !