Trouble with industry yields

Creating and editing buildings and Commodities.
BobTheBull
Hobo

Trouble with industry yields Unread post

I'm a little confused about the workings of the input/output cargo quantities in the bca file. I thought I understood how they worked, but when I test them in game they don't work they way I understand.

If I set up the iron mine up for 2 transformations, output 2 iron with no input and output 2 iron with .5 machinery input:
With no machinery supplied I get 2.2 loads per year.
With plenty of machinery supplied I get .3 loads consumed and 2.6 loads out.

If I set it to 4 transformations and 4 loads iron for .5 machinery I get .1 loads used and 2.6-3.3 loads produced.

This seems to be well below what should be produced. I checked to be sure there are no production modifiers in effect. Can someone explain this. Can't attach the file because bca extension is not allowed?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Trouble with industry yields Unread post

You also have to factor in the state of the economy, in good times it produces more, in bad times it produces less.

"042 : 4 : float : cargo loads transformation / year (demand only or supply only don't count here)"

From what I have gathered, this is the maximum number of loads produced by tranformation. If is is a 2 (00 00 40 40) then it will only produce 2 loads per year. It really takes fiddling for it to work right.

Not sure what you are doing, but if you create a new industry then it will throw the order of "add buildings" effects out of whack. best to prefix it with z so it ends up last on the list then it won't get in the way of scenarios that add industries.
BobTheBull
Hobo

Oops! First, I should have said I am using 1.06 for this.

Second, I found I had entered 00 80 00 40 for number of transformations, which is about 2.1 so I really didn't change anything. When I changed it to 00 00 80 40, 4, I got .2 loads consumed and 4.0 produced from the mine. So there is a correlation but it always seems to fall well short of the full value entered. I know you did a lot of testing of this for TrainMaster, so can you confirm that observation?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Sounds about right to me...remember, decimals aren't properly rounded when they can't be fully displayed. So .39 shows as .3
BobTheBull
Hobo

One other point. I remember that manufacturing industries definitely improved when you started hauling their product to a profitable destination. Do you know if this applies to raw materials industries as well?
nedfumpkin
CEO

I think it is more based on the value of the cargo at the place where it is produced. In TM is affected by some of the other industries that demand the cargo.