Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: RRT 3 - Trainmaster Unread post

I did get a kick out of it too. ;-)
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

I just e-mailed Hawk the zip file of the new municipal buildings for 1.05 and 1.06. They still need to be tested by at least one other person to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

The new buildings include a Landfill, Waste Incinerator, Scrapyard, Confectionery, Apothecary, Grocery Store, Hardware Store, Shopping Mall, Industrial Park, and a Hospital.

I've also made changes to a number of existing buildings so that they demand a small amount of cargo as well.

For 1.06 users, this will provide two versions of the Hospital skin. Also, the Church of Coruscate is in here as well.

Oh...and these should work in any scenario, even saved games where they can be spawned as the game progresses.
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Hi Ned, !$th_u$! and ::!**! for the new mods, but as you can see *,*! *,*! *,*! I can't test them till I get them. !hairpull! !hairpull! Do we have to wait fo Hawk to post them :?: :?: If so hurry up Hawk *,*! *,*! . (0!!0) and !$th_u$! Ned And Coru for all the great mods your giving us !*th_up*! !!clap!! !!clap!! !!clap!!
nedfumpkin
CEO

If people want to test stuff as I get it done, then you need only PM me an e-mail address that can accept attachments up to 10mb. I try to keep the zips small, but these files are just jammed packed full of cool stuff.

Next on my to do list is to create the Bio-Diesel Plant. I'm thinking of using the steel mill skin but it could take me some time. For 1.05 and 1.06 it is going to make diesel out of corn or coffee. (I just read that used coffee grounds are being used to make bio-diesel.)

In Trainmaster the Diesel cargo has been replaced by Petroleum, and the Oil Refinery also produces chemicals.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

JFMarvelous wrote:If so hurry up Hawk *,*! *,*! .
Your wait is over. They're now available.
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

!$th_u$! Hawk, and !$th_u$! Ned and Coru for making these mods and sharing them with us !*th_up*! and (0!!0)
nedfumpkin
CEO

You're welcome....I just hope that they improve the game play in 1.05 and 1.06 since these were designed for Trainmaster where the cargo system is much more complex.

Edit....

I forgot to mention that these new municipal buildings consume cargo that your industries will produce. That also means that they will steal cargo that you might want to ship somewhere else. For the most part they are looking for finished products, but some demand inputs and produce finished products. Tires will be the hardest to keep a hold of because the hardware store is looking for two loads per year....for the Canadians here....thing of Canadian Tire when you think of the hardware store. :)
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Ned, I've been checking out your new buildings (mod pack) and most seem to be working good. (using the 1.06 files). I used editor to enable them on a Flordia map starting around 1930 and am up to 2023. The game spawned several of them. (these could not be bought), and the add building tab allowed me to build all I think (which my company then owned). Most were very profitable.(300,00 to 1,200,000 a year). But the Mun. Landfill, Waste Incin. and scrapyard never made any money(Coru's waste modification maybe?) and Apothecary quit making money about 1950 I think. I was using a total of 51 cargos(all that there are?) with 3 empty slots left in station view window(and cargo tab window). btw, running windows XP, 3.06 gh cpu, 1.5 gb ram, onboard SIS 128 mb video, on an ASUS board, and using RT3 version 1.06. !*th_up*! and !$th_u$! for all the work you,Coru,WP&P,(and anyone I might have missed)have put into making these mods. GOOD JOB :salute:
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thanks for the feedback.

Ideally you shouldn't be able to buy or build the municipal buildings, but there seems to be a bug in 1.06 that permits it to happen, and all municipal buildings are treated like industry. This is why some are profitable, and others not.

In 1.05, and Trainmaster, the municipal buildings are made so that they will automatically spawn depending on economic conditions. The provide a larger variety of businesses in the cities, and seem to be spawned based on the supplies available nearby. Like the Hardware Store will spawn near the machine shop.

Their purpose is to make cargo control more difficult since products are being pulled in a number of different directions.
Stoker
Engineer

A comment on "municipal buildings". Here in the USA, the city services you are talking about(landfill-incinerator-etc) are generally privately owned enterprises and not the property of the city or state. Therefore, I see no problem in having them as "buildable" industries, as that is exactly what they are in "real life".

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
nedfumpkin
CEO

True enough they could be bought and sold, and I considered that as an option, but I figured that also in real life not everything was for sale, and some businesses should be off limits.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Now I've got some help ( :salute: ) with my current scenario, I'm trying to have a look at your new structures but not doing very well. I've followed the instructions about where to put them and have put the railyard structures into the right files inthe 1.05 version. I don't see them in the editor or in gameplay **!!!** What have I done wrong?
nedfumpkin
CEO

If they aren't showing up at all then it must be because the BCA and BTY files aren't in the Building Types folder. If they were, then they would show up in the list, and if the pk4 file was missing then the game would lock up if you tried to select one.

I would check the buildings folder to see if the files are there. The pk4 file can also go into the PoptopExtraContent folder if you prefer.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Thanks - I've got it sorted. I had put the whole folder into the Building Types folder, instead of the individual files. *!*!*!
nedfumpkin
CEO

I seem to have discovered my first bug. I can't figure this one out for the life of me.

The scenario starts in 1845. In the month of January, track building is normal, then from February through to the end of 1845 electric track is built, then in 1846 it reverts back to regular track.

It doesn't make sense since the only event I have set is a dialogue without any effects. Weird.

Anyone got any clues?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Did you make the scenario from scratch or is it based on an existing one? Sometimes things are "remembered" from previous scenarios even when you think you've deleted them. That's not very helpful because even if that's what's happened, I don't know how to put it right!
nedfumpkin
CEO

I thought about that, but I'm using a base map that was set in the early 1800s to begin with so I don't think its that. I think it may be a bug of some kind.

The easy fix is to make it so that from February 1845 until the next year that no track can be built until inspectors have had a chance to look at the tracks and determine the maximum speed based on locomotive choice. Initially this was decided in April 1845, but I inserted government red-tape so now it will take until the fall to complete. :)

With track building suspended during winter, from December to May, it seems to be sorting itself out.
Stoker
Engineer

I had this happen while playing "Orient Express". I don't know why, but the track all turned electric, then, when i saved and reloaded it had reverted to no-electric. It appears there are some Gremlins in this game. In my current LA & L.A. scenario, I had a weird bug where a certain warehouse would get built in a certain city, and it wasn't the selected warehouse for that city, as a matter of fact, the warehouse wasn't selected for any city(or region). Finally, I deleted the city and remade it and the ghost warehouse was gone. **!!!**

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
nedfumpkin
CEO

I thought about starting over since this bug just came up but I decided that I had too much work done already and there was no guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. Must be something in the game engine that gets triggered by some weird cosmic impulse.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

nedfumpkin wrote: Must be something in the game engine that gets triggered by some weird cosmic impulse.
Blame it on Global Warming or El Nino............everything that goes wrong gets blamed on them anyway! ^**lylgh