Towards a beta..

General discussion about TrainMaster
nedfumpkin
CEO

Towards a beta.. Unread post

Here's a progress report of sorts.

With discovering the fix for RT3 and Vista, I am currently working on using the 1.06 exe for the Trainmaster exe.

This leaves a very short to do list before having a proper beta. The freight cars are almost all sorted out. I still have to repackage and test the hoppers. The was a crashing problem with the coal hopper before, so I need to fix this.

Campaigns still need to be completed, but those can come over time. I've got a lot sorted out, and it's mostly organizing and packing the files now. So depending on how things go with the exe stuff, it should be shortly where there is a full install beta for Trainmaster.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Towards a beta.. Unread post

!!clap!! !!clap!! !!clap!!
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm just about finished converting the RT3 1.06 exe to the Trainmaster Beta. A few more changes to make. All the testing I am doing has so far gone well. I'm sure I'll find a few bugs to fix before I am done, so this is a good thing. :)
nedfumpkin
CEO

I've decided to mirror the passenger cars for the troop carriers as far as eras go. I figure this will give a lot more leaway when it comes to making custom cars. I am going to stagger the dates a bit, I think....but for the most part it they go from A-L eras.

For now I am using the German troop cars from Holger and the troop cars from WP&P snd I am mixing them up a bit.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Troop cars are pretty much done. Just gotta make sure they all work right, etc, and then I can zip them up for 1.06 and 1.05. That's be in a few days.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Lookin' forward to it. !*th_up*!
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

I just tested all the cars, and everything is fine. So it's just a matter of zipping everything and making a readme.

I've broken all the different car sets into their own pk4 files with the idea that different sets can be used depending on preference. I am planning on making an entire set of CNR and CPR cars, and also a set of Canadian troop carriers. The way these are set up is that different sets can have different dates for change overs, and it's just by swapping pk4 files that it takes to change sets.

It will also be possible to make customized sets that are specific to scenarios. While all the different sets won't be available at first, it will be easy to add because the base set up with be there, and sets can be for only a few eras if someone wants.

I'll do an upload tomorrow and pm you.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

My other install of TM is screwed up so will this one be like a new install? Can it be?
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

It will be complete install from scratch..as far as TM goes...you will still be able to copy another RT3 installation though.