Trainmaster....what comes next.

General discussion about TrainMaster
edbangor
Dispatcher

Re: Trainmaster....what comes next. Unread post

El Moichi wrote:Anyway, there´s little time at the moment because i´m entrapped into some monkey business. :-)
nedfumpkin wrote:Take your time...I too am entrapped in some Monkey Business. :)
Ah seems my work here is done. :lol: ^**lylgh ::!**!
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
nedfumpkin
CEO

Oh don't get too excited...I am quite confident that I can escape. :)

I'm finding that the use of industrial zones is working out best for me. For example, in the middle of the triangle for Chimp City, Vineton, and Monketown, I have placed a papermill and a meat packing plant. Then I am running trains A-B-C-B to supply them. B is the industrial zone. I've got a flour mill at Vineton.
edbangor
Dispatcher

nedfumpkin wrote:I'm finding that the use of industrial zones is working out best for me. For example, in the middle of the triangle for Chimp City, Vineton, and Monketown, I have placed a papermill and a meat packing plant. Then I am running trains A-B-C-B to supply them. B is the industrial zone. I've got a flour mill at Vineton.
That's pretty much what I had in mind when I set the map up.
Depending on where you start your early money will come from simply one stop industries that you build with paper, lumber and meat being the best options.

Once you get out into the rest of the map you'll be seting up, probably two, entire industrial chains to meet the medal requirements, and yes, there are locations set up to supply everything you'll need in an easy radious. They are......

What did you think I was going to tell you. ^**lylgh
El Moichi
Watchman

I started by waiting until April, then raised a paper mill and an additional hemp plant at ApeGate where a traditionalist community has settled near the port which supplies chemicals. At the beginning of the following year, I built electric track between ApeGate and Monkey Dance.

This is the paper mill report for 1961 (economy status "normal"):
Paper Mill.JPG
Unbelieveable... !#2bits#!

For I noticed that the "Golden Coast Port" can be built by the player, I certainly know what´s to do now. The Chimp Island will be completely wrapped with paper within a few years... :mrgreen:

Perhaps we should open a thread discussing this map, for this might attract other guys´n´girls to play Trainmaster.
nedfumpkin
CEO

When a papermill is fully supplied it is a very lucrative industry. Textile mills too. They make up for some industries that have a very difficult time making a profit.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

El Moichi wrote: Perhaps we should open a thread discussing this map, for this might attract other guys´n´girls to play Trainmaster.
There already is one. ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2190
Hawk
edbangor
Dispatcher

Hawk wrote:
El Moichi wrote: Perhaps we should open a thread discussing this map, for this might attract other guys´n´girls to play Trainmaster.
There already is one. ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2190
That's in the Creation forum though.
However, there is one in the stratagy thread, started by someone called "Hawk" (who ever that is) but it's under the original name of the map "Monkey Island".

Perhaps if "Someone" could change the title, that would help people find it.
El Moichi
Watchman

Thx again, Hawk… I should spend more time by lurking around and read all the threads here.

@Ned: I noticed some buildings of the Farmstead Communities are missing. Please load Monkey Business as a “new scenario”. Then, scroll to the city of ApeGate.

You´ll see two plantations, one in the north-east corner of the city and the second in the south-west. The first one shows his “normal” building in the centre. You can “click” it and then the information about being a “traditionalist community” is shown.

The plantation in the south-west corner, however, owns no building. But checking the overview mode for industrial supply, there are two wells of hemp. So, I think, there´s a second community there…

Regard the city of Takeonape, it´s the same case. Milk and hemp is supplied there, so I guess the plantation is another “traditional”. But the building in the middle isn´t shown.

Am I right or am I wrong ..... :?:
nedfumpkin
CEO

That seems to be an intermittend problem. Sometimes the buildings don't show up and I do not know why. It's also different for different people. I dunno **!!!**
Hawk
The Big Dawg

edbangor wrote: However, there is one in the stratagy thread, started by someone called "Hawk" (who ever that is) but it's under the original name of the map "Monkey Island".

Perhaps if "Someone" could change the title, that would help people find it.
Oh yea! I forgot about that one. ^**lylgh
I went to change the name of that thread and it looks like it's already changed to Monkey Business (CA09) Campaign Scenario. I guess Ned changed it.

Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=2239
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yeah...sneaky ain't I? :)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You devil you. :twisted: ^**lylgh
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

It's absolutely calming to see, that the good things are going the right way ...

From my point of view: Trainmaster is our future! {,0,} Ned, you're the real tycoon!
There's no business like RT business ...
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thanks, I just wish I didn't have this other thing to deal with and could continue working on TM uninterrupted. But, it should only be for a month so it won't be long.
El Moichi
Watchman

I went on translating the RT3.lng file into German. The problem is that not all translated sentences and terms are displayed correctly. For example, regard the descriptions of the AI-players (string-IDs 2495 to 2532). I translated them, but they still show up in the original language when I opened the ledger. :?: :?: :?:

Another problem are the titles of the industry buildings. How (and where) can I go to change them?

Ned, you still have to change the ID 3836. :-)

@ all: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!
nedfumpkin
CEO

I found that you had to unselect and then re-select players for the the changes to take plce in the ledger.

Once I get the documents prepared, you can translate the industry names and I'll make a german set of bca files.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I just checked 3836, and for now I have just removed the string. I am going to have to figure out how to set up the new stuff as wartime cargo, or maybe disable the setting in TM.

I'm still busy with my other task....missing my trains a lot...but I must do what needs to be done.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

nedfumpkin wrote:I'm still busy with my other task....missing my trains a lot...but I must do what needs to be done.
Get 'er done so you can get back to the important stuff. ^**lylgh
Hawk
El Moichi
Watchman

The translation of the RT3.lng is (mostly) done, and I´ll go to have some test the next weekend, to check for small errors.

I also listed up all the names and titles of (hopefully) all buildings and cargo types. I have to revise the translations again, because the german words are much longer. For example, the "Farmstead Community (Rice Paddies)" would go to the german "Landwirtschaftliche Produktionsgenossenschaft (Reisplantage)" and I know that will never be displayed properly in the game, due to lack of space.

But, most of the stuff seems to be done at all, from the german point of view. It´s time for me to return to Monkey Business. :-D
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yeah...you germans and your compound words...I've read novels that aren't as long as some words...only people worse are the Welsh. :)

Go with whatever will make sense.