TM and multiplayer

General discussion about TrainMaster
Itsa Timmy
Hobo

TM and multiplayer Unread post

Being the curious person that I am, I tried to play TM in multiplayer mode. Unfortunately it seems when you click the buy new locomotive button, the game crashes. It turns out this crash is also in 1.06. Thinking it was a locomotive introduced with 1.06, I began deleting engines in the engine types folder and loading the game until I had every engine removed (witch reproduces the same exact crash in SP as well). I was going to check TM alpha on my old computer but it doesn't seem to want to boot for some reason (the computer that is).

I know multi player is probably pretty low to nonexistent on your agenda but considering how easy it is using Hamachi and how fun it is to actually have some real competition, it would be a nice feature to have. (imagine a game with 8 or more people on this forum going at it!)

What do you guys think?
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: TM and multiplayer Unread post

I have only played multiplayer once, but I generally play fairly slowly and like to stop and check on my trains and stop and check my trains and micromanage etc. In RT2 I would micromanage every train all the time and a scenario I could have likely beaten quickly would take me a long time to complete but I didn't really mind at all. So with my game style play I doubt I'd play well in any multiplayer games. That said, if it is possible to play multiplayer it would likely be an interesting experience, especially with the complex industry production requirements in TM. If the resources on a map are scarce there would be a tough competition between the multiple players.
Itsa Timmy
Hobo

I just ran a game for 15 years to see if anything else causes a crash (building industrys, buying stock, ect) and so far it hasn't crashed. I may test a actual multiplayer game with my brother tommorow and see what happens.

So far it looks like you can play trainmaster in mulitplayer as long as as you don't build any trains. :lol:
nedfumpkin
CEO

Unfortunately until I got the computer that I have now, I was theoretically not even supposed to be able to run RT3 on my old one since it was well below spec requirements. It was just my will and determination that made it work. So I was never able to play multiplayer thus it never figured on my radar.

I won't say no to multiplayer, but I am completely lost since I never played it, and have no idea what's requred to make it run. But if anyone else comes up with something, I will bow to their expertise.