A bit too attractive

General discussion about TrainMaster
Moggie
Conductor

A bit too attractive Unread post

In a scenario I set up a station in the middle of 3 cotton plantations, to gather cotton there for transport to a town close by that had a textile mill. I also put a storage shed there. But since I had no further transport for the textiles made there (or that's what I suspect the reason was), I ended up in a situation where cotton paid better at the plantations than in the city :lol:
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: A bit too attractive Unread post

That's possible at times. The prices can go weird at times. Sanme thing happens with the Aluminum mill in Monkey Motors.
Moggie
Conductor

Was my guess of the cause close to the truth?

edit: There were HUMONGOUS piles of cotton bales at the town.
Moggie
nedfumpkin
CEO

That's what I figured...Cotton Plantations are much like the farmstead communities but focused only on cotton. Three of them in close proximity can work...like if you wanted to do Egypt or the Old South USA, but agriculture is very different in TM so the old thoughts of farms from Rt3 should be tossed out.

And you are correct, there should be a balance to the industry in TM...or else you should adjust prices by event effect to compensate...but the game is already focused on supply and demand and adjust prices accordingly.
Moggie
Conductor

Hm. When I read my posting I realize I might have given the misconception that I had made that map. It's a map called Louisiana and I believe it's an RT3 map, because there's 200 loads of clothing in the demands and yet it's not present even in the resources map. So I'm guessing no playing that scenario with trainmaster. Still, the discussion I think is valid, because the textile mills still would have to have somewhere to ship their textiles...
Moggie
nedfumpkin
CEO

RT3 maps need a lot of work before they can be played in TM since many industries aren't called for and so the cargo balance won't work at all. New maps are coming...but I've got a really bad cold this week so I haven't been working on my map.