RRT 3 - Trainmaster

General discussion about TrainMaster
RedCrystalMage7

Re: RRT 3 - Trainmaster Unread post

This is redcrystalmage7, I've got a question for ned concerning custom paks in Trainmaster. The information listed in the readme files for the Troop carrier sets and the Express sets indicates they should be in data/3d for a primary set and in the PopTop Extra Content folder or the UserExtra Content Folder which is it? furthermore after initial installation of trainmaster and wanting to activate the Custom Paks moving the Data3d section and 2d section Files except for Trainmaster.4pak of course, my initial unclean install has many leftover files from RT3 should these be moved as well, also the files indicated that only 1 custom express and 1 troop carrier set should be in the data3d after moving files to the PopTop Extra Content Folder there were more than 1 set so I moved the others to the User Extra Content Folder/Custom Paks to alleviate this problem, was this the correct approach? Look forward to hearing from you. I'm 55 and have been a Model Railroad Enthusiat since i was a kid. Bless you for creating Trainmaster!! I know I'm going to feel like a kid coming home. Look forward to reading your response. Thanks.
Blackhawk
CEO

I'm not sure what files you have or don't have that remain from the RT3 installation. I know some RT3 files remained, but a lot are deleted. I think Ned had step by step directions at one time for what to delete and install where. There was also an .msi installation version of TM (but that needed to be updated to a newer version which removed locomotive end dates). Some people don't care for msi installations but it did make for an easier installation.

As for the Troops and Express cars. If I remember correctly, I think the game first checks the Data/3d folder for the files, then it will check the PopTopExtraContent folder and UserExtraContent folder. For some reason at the moment, I have the German troop file in my 3d folder, but the express blue cars in my PoptopExtraContent folder and it works fine.
nedfumpkin
CEO

RedCrystalMage7 wrote:This is redcrystalmage7, I've got a question for ned concerning custom paks in Trainmaster. The information listed in the readme files for the Troop carrier sets and the Express sets indicates they should be in data/3d for a primary set and in the PopTop Extra Content folder or the UserExtra Content Folder which is it? furthermore after initial installation of trainmaster and wanting to activate the Custom Paks moving the Data3d section and 2d section Files except for Trainmaster.4pak of course, my initial unclean install has many leftover files from RT3 should these be moved as well, also the files indicated that only 1 custom express and 1 troop carrier set should be in the data3d after moving files to the PopTop Extra Content Folder there were more than 1 set so I moved the others to the User Extra Content Folder/Custom Paks to alleviate this problem, was this the correct approach? Look forward to hearing from you. I'm 55 and have been a Model Railroad Enthusiat since i was a kid. Bless you for creating Trainmaster!! I know I'm going to feel like a kid coming home. Look forward to reading your response. Thanks.
Sounds like everything should work. Does it? If you follow the instructions then it will.