RRT 3 - Trainmaster

General discussion about TrainMaster
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: RRT 3 - Trainmaster Unread post

Well that was easy. I had a default 1.05 back up so I just used it. Now I have 3 installs of RT3. 1.05, 1.06, and TM.
Unfortunately I have to go do some work today so I won't be able to play around with this until - hopefully - tomorrow.
Hawk
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Ned: Do you have a pre-made scenario that we can test with?
nedfumpkin
CEO

No, sorry, there isn't any pre-made scenarios as yet, and my purpose in releasing the Alpha version was to allow people to begin making maps and scenarios. I have been using Mr Scott's Pennsylvania base maps, and I will be creating scenarios on them once I get some things completed.

BTW....I'll be posting the first patch in a bit, it has all the mines, oil well and logging camp all finalized with docs.

I'm still working my way through the industry recipe lists and discovering stuff that I thought was done has not been. At the same time, I am documenting things. So a few industries will have some changes to them as I go through everything. But that shouldn't have any effect on map making.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Here's the first patch. It completes the mines, logging camp, and oil well. Also, it includes a corrected file for the silo.

Just unzip the files to their folders and overwrite the files that are there.

The links here have been removed since all the latest files are now located here:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1883

Attachments
Trainmaster_Mines.txt
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm going to putter creating a map for people to try out. Here's a screens shot of how the Agricultural communities are being set up....

On the left shore are two European Farmstead Co-operatives. Archbald also has a flour mill.

On the right shore is an Amish Community. It will have limited territory access.

I've set a start up event that reduces all farm production by 50 percent since this is taking place in 1845, and the communities are close to each other.

Alphafarms.JPG
nedfumpkin
CEO

And here's another Patch.....

This completes the Steel Mill, Aluminum Mill, Lumber Mill, Oil Refinery, as well as the Explosives Factory, Weapons Factory, Missile Plant, and Munitions Factory.

The links here have been removed since all the latest files are now located here:

Wolverine@MSU
CEO

I got an error too when trying to run the game. I don't remember exactly which one it was, but something was missing; I think it was an ".imb" file of some type. Are the patches being added to the original ZIP file, or do they need to added separately?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Why the 2 text files named the same?
Why the link to the C to C? Is that link supposed to be to the Trainmaster Alpha download?
Wolverine@MSU wrote:I got an error too when trying to run the game. I don't remember exactly which one it was, but something was missing; I think it was an ".imb" file of some type.
I just added the 1b patch and I didn't get any errors. I did not add the 1a patch.
Wolverine@MSU wrote:Are the patches being added to the original ZIP file, or do they need to added separately?
So far Ned hasn't sent me a revised version of the original so I would say they need to be added separately. Also note he said patches are cumulative.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

The two text files was an error. I uploaded it once, but I think I clicked place inline twice.

The link should be to the first Alpha (79mb) that was uploaded. If it is wrong, then blame my poor copy and paste skills (i.e. my eyes are not so good.)

Was very tired when I posted the second patch last night....I apologize for any errors.

Only the latest patch needs to be installed. Currently 1b. I expect to have another later today...but I am having trouble with my eyes today so no guarantees. As I said, some industries need some tweaking done, and others appear to be the original version. (must've screwed up switching computers) I decided that rather than wait to release until all that was done, I can upload patches as I get things done with documentation. Industries that have been documented are considered final, others are subject to change. Patches are bca files for industry, and cty files for cargo.

Next patch will have the food industry.

This is still very much a work in progress, however, almost complete.

1.05 assumes that the Coast to Coast expansion pack is installed since it is 1.04. I will fix the Read Me to be more explicit.

Documentation is an ongoing thing right now,and is coming in bits and pieces. Eventually it will be more sorted out.

After I have the next patch done, it might be best to start a new thread dedicated to the Alpha version. Might be easier since 11 pages in the thread is getting cumbersome.

Must rest eyes now....always pray for rain or clouds since sunlight makes me blind. :)
WPandP
Engineer

nedfumpkin wrote: Must rest eyes now....always pray for rain or clouds since sunlight makes me blind. :)
How about drapes?

You know, you pick up some wool or some cotton, deliver to a Textile Mill, and whaddaya know, problem solved! ;-)
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
Hawk
The Big Dawg

nedfumpkin wrote:The two text files was an error. I uploaded it once, but I think I clicked place inline twice.

The link should be to the first Alpha (79mb) that was uploaded. If it is wrong, then blame my poor copy and paste skills (i.e. my eyes are not so good.)

Was very tired when I posted the second patch last night....I apologize for any errors.
I got both fixed. :salute:

Feel free to start a new thread whenever you're ready. (0!!0)

Here's the right link for the Alpha, un-parsed: http://hawkdawg.com/zips/rt3/xtras/ned/ ... lpha_1.zip
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thanks Hawk, I'll post later tonight, and focus on getting my links and attachments right.

WP&P....what kind of architect are you? Drapes? They are called window treatments! :)
nedfumpkin
CEO

Here's the latest patch. As always, it is cumulative so only the latest patch needs to be installed.

This completes all the industries, rail yard structures, station amenities, etc. and documents them all.

This also fixes the game message for the station buildings. The icons on the station detail have also been fixed. So has the lavender farm, and the Class Y6. Josh McGarvey's bridge skin has been included now.

RayofSunshine
CEO

WOW and I mean WWWOOOWWW, ::!**!

Read all the threads of this thread posting since Ned's posting Dec 14, 2008, and am amazed at the time and talents being expended by Ned, W&WP, and many others to develop this new creation. The contributions leave me edified on the intricate amount of such talent and imagination to creat such a unique concept of this program. !*th_up*!

I don't know if I want to get into the program at this time, as I don't know if it is still in a "Beta" level, althought I see in other threads of Dec 2009, that many users and map creators are playing it. I have gotten into both Sid's RT Original and Deluxe versions, so have a time getting to "know" how they are played. :-(

Hence in Hawk's thread of April 2, 2009, a "link" to a forum. However, does the later thread of Ned's link of May 3, 2009, supersede that link, so as to get a download of the program, so as to see its progress, although from previous threads, many different facets of Data type folders, patches, etc are involved to get the downloads installed to make the program playable. **!!!**

With such an amout of the afore mentioned threads since Dec 2008, I have only made a couple of "glances" to later threads, of which could have later data of information. So I am just trying to cut corners to get a "toe hold" of what is happening. *!*!*!

Any comments are appreciated. !$th_u$!
Blackhawk
CEO

I'm sure Ned will answer this more tomorrow when he sees it, but in the interim I'll answer.

The latest edition of Trainmaster is available in the NEWS section of the Trainmaster Forums. Specifically this link: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2279 There is a download page link in the first post, as well as the latest patch update. On the download page you'll definitely need to download the Trainmaster Beta files and a set of express cars. You don't need to download the Campaign file for Trainmaster to work if you just wanted to play TM scenario maps. However, I believe one or two of the Campaign maps are working at this time.

In that thread Ned says there's just a couple minor future changes he'll make and then it'll no longer be called a Beta.

Also, some older posts might have had their download links removed. Ex. I believe Ned's Persian Electric has been removed as a download as he wanted to make a few final changes to it before releasing the finalized version.
edbangor
Dispatcher

Welcome RoS to TM!

The temporary TM download page is here http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/xtras/tm.htm

It contains all the files you'll need in the main beta (patches are on the link Blackhawk provided), the current campaign files, although there are only two at this time but another one is coming soon, plus three stand alone scenarios in my "thehub" series. The first two of these are also available for RRT3, but the third is brand new.
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
Hawk
The Big Dawg

To put it in a nutshell Ray, Trainmaster is still in beta testing. I believe Ned said he hopes to have the final release ready by around the end of March - this year.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Thanks for the info Ed, Blackhawk, and Hawk,

I downloaded everything to a special folder, and although I may not start to play them right away, I will take the time to look to see what all the members have contributed with their talents, time, and imagination. It looks like a very sufisticated program.

By the way, is the any relation between Black Hawk, and Ed Hawk. LOL

No time for spare time today, as have to get to seal up a window enclosure before the forecasted rains the rest of the week. You know, one of those "fun" things project.

Thanks again !$th_u$! for all your input. :salute: {,0,}
nedfumpkin
CEO

I pretty much included my response in this post.....viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2372&p=22857#p22857
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Ray of Sunshine wrote:By the way, is the any relation between Black Hawk, and Ed Hawk. LOL
Blackhawk is the outcast member of the family. ^**lylgh
Hawk