Player Characters

General discussion about TrainMaster
nedfumpkin
CEO

Player Characters Unread post

I've started a speadsheet for the players. The workbook has 3 tabs, the default settings, the TM players, and then the players sorted. I've created columns with the overall average, the stock average based on the three characteristics for stocks, and then a railroading average based on the last three traits.

Colours are:

Green - Fictional Character

Red Bold - New character - historical

Red - Old character carried over

Blue - Considered for exchange

Black - not sure yet.

-----------------------

It's open for suggestion. I've tried to make a balance of fictional characters for stock versus railroading, and the highest overall.

So far two new characters are included, John Molson (Beer guy) who financed the first RR in Canada, although he died the same year. Also, Jean Pelletier from Via Rail in the 1990s. I'd like to add some new RR personalities from the current era. I'm also removing people who were mostly political figures rather than RR/Industrialies types. But they can be put back in if someone desires.
JayEff
Conductor

Re: Player Characters Unread post

Heorhiy (George) Kirpa was a modern era railway manager who cleaned up corruption in the Ukrainian national railway by firing most of the mid-level managers, Ukrzaliznytsia. By restoring the railway to profitability he was able to raise the pay of the ordinary workers. Unfortunately he did himself get involved in corruption at the political and apparently committed suicide in 2004. The wiki article looks pro-Kirpa so I am not sure how he really earned his Hero of Ukraine medal. As and FSU type working for the government, he would most likely not have stock market traits but would invest in industries and expand rail. If you want 'em I have available finished PK4's of both Kirpa and Ukrzaliznytsia, a finished map and a partly finished scenario.

Arthur Sifton was involved in the early days of the Northern Alberta Railways ~1910+. I have PK4's for both of these also. But he was more of a politcial figure.

You may want to include Charles Melville Hays and Grand Trunk Railway.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Cool...I'll add them in.

PS...attach any pk4s to a message and I'll included them, or if you have loose files a zip. I have Grand Trunk logos, but not the other stuff. I am thinking of putting a Northern Alberta map in the 1900s campaign section, so this might be a good starting point.

The Ukraine guy could also be included as a scenario for campaigns.
JayEff
Conductor

Here they are. I have Kirpa and Sifton in colour, and Kirpa in sepia.
Attachments
CanadianRwyLogos.zip
(116.69 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
CanadianRwyPeople.zip
(597.19 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
NorthernAlberta.zip
Sifton and NAR
(38.07 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Ukrzaliznytsia.zip
Kirpa and Ukrzaliznytsia
(81.03 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thanks, I'll include them in the appropriate files.

I want to uses your Athabaska, but converted to Trainmaster for an eary 1900s map. In the Deadwood scenario I am working on, there will be a connection requirement to Edmonton as part of the Klondike Rush, and Athabaska would be fitting as a follow up.

I'm also looking at the Land and Immogration buildings to be included for colour.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I've got all but two player spots filled up in case anyone else has some suggestions. Of course, I could still change more, but I have pretty much updated the whole player roster so there are some new players, old and modern, and some made up.

I'll post the final list when I upload the roster.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Here's the final player roster.

Bold means that it's a new character. Green means it is a fictional character.
Attachments
barons.xls
(64 KiB) Downloaded 283 times