Passenger Cars

General discussion about TrainMaster
KenRuof
Hobo

Passenger Cars Unread post

I like the looks of the user created P-cars from 1.0.6 can they be used in TM instead of the TM ones?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Passenger Cars Unread post

Which ones? The German cars are already available. But no, they can't be used in TM since TM uses a different system for them.
KenRuof
Hobo

I wantd to use the Tuscan red style American cars from the user created section. My guess is I have the German ones installed because they look European.

Thanks
nedfumpkin
CEO

KenRuof wrote:I wantd to use the Tuscan red style American cars from the user created section.
Huh? I thought maybe there was a new set of cars but I don't see those ones. All the passenger coaches that have been created are available in Trainmaster. Perhaps you are looking for a coach in the wrong year.

Currently there are two full sets, the German and Canadian coaches. There is a partial set of CP Rail stainless steel Budd cars, and there is a partial set for Persian Electric. If your intention is to have specific cars for you PRR scenario, then I can help you with making a custom pak of car and loco skins. In fact, if you are doing the PRR, then have a look at the Canadian Express cars since they would be compatible. Also, WP&P did some stuff for the PRR with his heavy coaches.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I should point out that TM is designed for customized rolling stock, and it is really easy to use. In fact, it is more advanced than 1.05 or 1.06 as far as rollingstock.
KenRuof
Hobo

Having PRR pass cars would be super, I am not familure with creating cars/enginse yet but would love to have PRR equipment. Also the 4-4-0 and 2-8-0 your working on I see as a good fit as in 1847 there is no 4-4-0 by default.

I will look at the Canadian express and WP&B cars, the ones I was refering to are the ones available in the RRT3 user created section under Rolling Stock for 1.0.5 / 1.0.6.

I sure would like MrScotts PA map with just the territories and cities, no railroads but I am not sure if I can get it. I have come a long way learning the editor and it is fun, save often they say. I also looked at the anthracite map which looks good for a second/third scenario in the series. (I know I got off topic)

Ken
nedfumpkin
CEO

I believe the cars you are referring to are the German Express cars. They are available in TM but maybe not in the years you are looking at. No worries since I can help you make a custom pak once you know when things are taking place, and which locos you plan to use.

You can still use a map with RRs on it, you just have to removed them in the editor.