FINALLY ! TM up & running ... BUT ...

General discussion about TrainMaster
Shamough
Conductor

FINALLY ! TM up & running ... BUT ... Unread post

I finally installed TM ... (Thanks guys for the MSI.)

First things first ... ARGGgggg ... All of the original company logos are missing, or at least I don't have them in my installation. Are these hiding somewhere where I can DL them?

Shamugh
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: FINALLY ! TM up & running ... BUT ... Unread post

I'm not sure how the MSI works, I used the original install method, but you do need everything from the original RT3 install data folder - except BuildingTypes, CargoTypes, and EngineTypes.
That should give you the logos.
Hawk
Shamough
Conductor

I checked ... The original logos seem to be embedded into the RT3 code and not in a data PK4.
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I guess you're right. I just checked my TM install and the original company logos aren't there. Never really gave it much thought before.
Since Ned seems to have abandoned us and this project, I guess what you see is what you get. **!!!**
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

Well, congratulations on getting TM running. I personally didn't miss the normal logos, but don't have a good solution as to how to get them back. If you want them badly, maybe there is a way you could extract them from regular RT3 (maybe even a screenshot would work?) and then put them in the extra content folder. I don't know.

TM is a more involved game. I can't guarantee that you will like it. But, if you learn to master it, I will say that you will be a better player of RT3 itself. As Hawk said, the project is in hiatus at the moment. Also, I will give you a heads up that TM maps generally haven't had as much testing and checking as the RT3 ones. Maybe this is because the user base is smaller. Whatever the case, there are less serious programming errors in a few of the maps that I know of. The industry model has a lot more depth here. Hope you fun playing TM!
Just Crazy Jim
Dispatcher

In case anyone ever reads this thread and has a similar feeling of nostalgia for the original PopTop logos....

Instructions for installation are detailed in the Read_me.txt inside the ZIP archive.

----------------
COPYRIGHT NOTICE
----------------
The artwork contained in these data files are copyright © PopTop Software, Inc. and its successors 2003 - 2005. All Rights reserved. They are used here under the "Fair Use" laws of the United States (U.S.C. §201.2 (rev. 2013)) being freely provided for the purpose of repairing the installation of a legally obtained and licensed copy of Railroad Tycoon 3 only. By downloading and using these files you attest and affirm that you have a legally obtained and licensed copy of Railroad Tycoon 3.
Attachments
Original CompanyLogos for Trainmaster.zip
(135.1 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
"We have no patience with other people's vanity because it is offensive to our own."
-- François de La Rochefoucauld. Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales. 1665.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Do you, or anyone else, think these should be added to the TM section of the archives?
Hawk
Just Crazy Jim
Dispatcher

I'm fresh to Trainmaster, so I'm not sure how the general sentiment runs on this. I'd say it's not a high demand item, so re-coding the download page may not be worth the trouble.

PS: I'm working on updating the texture files for all of the custom locos & tenders in Trainmaster to fix the glowing wheels bug. That would probably be the thing more people would download. Using that imaginary benchmark, I can't see the logos being downloaded any where near as often.
"We have no patience with other people's vanity because it is offensive to our own."
-- François de La Rochefoucauld. Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales. 1665.