Trainmaster no-cd

General discussion about TrainMaster
MoridinUK
Hobo

Trainmaster no-cd Unread post

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up Trainmaster on my 1.05 install. I copied my 1.05 install from steam and replaced the RT3.exe with a 1.05 no-cd one so that it wont try to find steam or the cd. This works on steam for running RT3 1.06.

The Trainmaster readme in the zip file says I need to have installed from CD. So I'm worried the Trainmaster rt3.exe will check for a cd? Is that correct (I'll probably find out on my own in about 5 mins) If so is there any way around? Does trainmaster alter the rt3.exe or could I simply use the 1.05 nocd exe? (or even the steam one with auto updating turned off?)

Thanks for any info! Installing TM seems a chore but looks fun! (though I think I'll have to change the apes to humans)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Trainmaster no-cd Unread post

As the install instructions say, once you have a separate copy of RT3 set up as instructed (all stated files deleted), you unzip the TM zip and copy the files into their respective folders.
If you'll notice, there is an RT3.exe in the zip so it stands to reason that the TM RT3.exe will change the 1.05 RT3.exe.
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

If you actually try to run TM after it is properly installed, you will find that your thread was hasty. In the other thread you asked about Britain in TM. TM has a partly finished campaign (has 4 chapters, the rest of the slots are empty/do nothing). The second chapter is called Warrington Wire. It is based on part of Britain.

TM is more difficult than regular RT3, but if you are keen on it I would recommend trying the Monopoly map to start with as it has some of the most simple goals. The start is a little slow, but this will give a chance to learn about the new, more complex industries of TM. After that, I would recommend playing the completed chapters in the campaign as these are in the earlier time periods and industry has simpler supply chains.
thietavu
Conductor

...And then there's "Great China" map - probably the largest and most detailed RRT3/TM -map ever made. :) Takes tens of hours to play through...
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
MoridinUK
Hobo

I did intend to come back and put up an edit that my post was in haste! Often I have time to think about what I want to do (e.g. install TM) but not actually do it, and so I sometimes post questions about problems I anticipate rather than have actually experienced! The documentation for TM talks of having to use the cd, hence my concerns!

I think however I may have to hold my interest in TM off for a bit. I'm utterly stuck in 1.05 on the state of Germany scenario... lol

I still need much better ideas on what industry to buy at the start...

Thanks for your patience.