I broke it

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Orange46
Dispatcher

Re: I broke it Unread post

Ugh - my pc is doing its log out thing again.

I put the Alpha patch in when I installed TM.

I just saw something new. A train just blew thru a water tower, with only drops in its tank. Curiously, the train's next destination was another water tower down the line.

It likes me - this posted!
Quality is Job 1.01
Hawk
The Big Dawg

The patch in the first post in that thread is updated every time Ned fixes something.
I would suggest making sure you have the latest patch available in that post, which is now 1j, and keep an eye on that thread for future updates, that will be made available in the first post in that thread, as was stated in the 3rd and 4th posts in that thread. ;-)
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

To give you an idea of how a stroage facility will work for you, I'll use the example that I have going on.

The sugar refinery wants corn, produce, paper, etc. I run trains from Arton and Middleton with customs consists. I also have wool being delivered to the storage shed I put at the refinery, and then I have a short run running it up to Swain. The facility allows me to drop my wool at the refinery without taking it the final leg. This also allows for my trains to have something to carry back to their origin since the short run train can also drop stuff off there.

So far it is the only railyard stucture I have used.

I also notice that some locomotives don't like some towers and pass right by them. Not sure why this is, but it only seems on the really long runs that it happens.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I tried the hopper yard for storage of coal and it seemed to work great.
I ran 3 trains from 3 coal mines to the hopper yard. That's all they did.
I then ran a train from the hopper yard to a chemical plant in one of the cities - I forget which one - and it always hauled at least 4 loads of coal.

As for trains going by facilities, a train won't stop at a water tower or maintenance shed unless it's 50% low or less. It could be that when it went by the first water tower it wasn't quite 50% low. It could have been 48 or 49 %, which isn't enough.
Hawk
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Hawk wrote:As for trains going by facilities, a train won't stop at a water tower or maintenance shed unless it's 50% low or less. It could be that when it went by the first water tower it wasn't quite 50% low. It could have been 48 or 49 %, which isn't enough.
If the tower or maint. facility is too close to a fork in the track, trains won't see it. I think the magic number was 4 track sections needed between the junction and the facilility/tower. Often, if it's too close, a train won't see it in one direction, but will see it in the other direction.