Beta Bugs

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Beta Bugs Unread post

Post any bugs you may encounter with the Beta please. There are a few things that still need to be worked on, and some I am just noticing for the first time. I have already posted a fix for the missile plant, and my goal here is to identify the bugs that fixing and then re-upload the beta for public disemination. Still need some maps though.

First thing I noticed when testing the new missile plant is that the orange boxcar for machinery disappears at certain angles and distances. This is a problem with the skin, and I will correct it soon. Please advise if the problem exists in the RT3 version of the coloured boxcars if anyone notices. The year affected is 1950.

I've also noticed that the cargo icons file is wrong...not that I'd finished it, so the icons appearing on the side of boxcars is wrong, in TM they are symbols, but I still haven't finished them all.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Beta Bugs Unread post

This is likely just something more on my side than a game flaw, but yesterday I was making a scenario and then play testing it and when I checked some of the industries they were blank where they should show their profits or loses. However some other industry buildings were not effected.

Today I came back and loaded the same scenario I was working on and all the industries showed their losses and profits. However, if I tried to load a saved game from yesterday when the profits weren't showing, they still didn't show up.

So it seems to be working fine now if I just start a new game, but I was just wondering if I'm the only one this has happened to or if I screwed something up?

(Currently I had to regress back to a slower computer as my fasted laptop's hard drive is dying and I need that hard drive to last until the last week of February so maybe there was too much data for the older slower computer to load? **!!!** )
nedfumpkin
CEO

Check to see if you might have accidently clicked something in the special conditions. I think clicking on wartime cargo will do that.
Blackhawk
CEO

Well it seems I put this in the wrong place... it's not a bug, it was just my stupidity. I put the default start year at 1975 while using the map editor and then I built many of the industries. However I was still undecided what year I was going to start the scenario in (sometime between 1970 and 1975). So in my test run I started in the year 1970, but the editor had the buildings being built in 1975 so the profits window doesn't show until the year 1975.

So now I'm either forced to rebuild all the buildings in the editor in the year 1970 or just start the map in the year 1975, unless there is another way to change the year buildings are said to be built in the editor?
nedfumpkin
CEO

This was discussed earlier in another thread, and when I was putting together Persian Electric I planned out all the industries so that I did successive saves at different years with different start dates. The reason is that industries placed on the map in years prior to your start date will have already attracted cargo and had some profits. Mixing them up the way I did made the map varied as to its start up economy with some old and some new industries, and a bunch of variety. Cities were all placed at 1830.

What this also means is that it is possible to place an industry for future use, but one that won't begin production untl the year it was built in the editor. This will allow for offsetting by a few years, or even decades of certain industries.
Blackhawk
CEO

Thanks for the information. I thought I read something about staggering the placement of the industries over a time, although I couldn't remember where. Well with all the trial and error mistakes I'm making while scenario writing my first scenario will be ready for next Christmas. !hairpull! Thanks again.