Juice Train

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Moggie
Conductor

Juice Train Unread post

I'm currently playing the version that was posted as an attachment to the discussion on the forums. The status screen is demanding 500 loads of food to New York and the counter isn't increasing even though I bring food there. Have I muffed something or is this a bug?
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Juice Train Unread post

I think i see that the final version is in fact flawed ... figures.. make changes to fix one thing and I screw something else up.

I'll have the newest version up in a bit after I finish eating dinner. If you want to continue playing your saved game you can likely bring up the editor shift + E and go to the status event and set it to test against a territory and make new york the territory it tests against.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk
CEO

I posted a version that I think should work now.

If you want to continue your current game:
Hit shift-E
Go to the last icon on the left (looks like bullet points with lines after it)
In that window go to events option.
In the events click on Status
Then go to add trigger condition:
Scroll up and find Force Test against territories

See image here: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4804/fixn.jpg

Add the condition
Then select New York as the territory

After the changes the event conditions should look like this:

Then repeat the above with the Status-2000 event.

Finally either edit out the 500 in the status events, or just ignore it as the victory events should be properly triggered.
Moggie
Conductor

Yipes that looks scary. I'll just start a new game with the new version :). I'd like to make a map but that editor frightens me.. :oops:
Moggie
Blackhawk
CEO

It's not that bad, it just takes some trial and error. Juice Train is my first map, and I seem to keep tinkering with it some and the final version of TM required me to make some changes to the map as well. Then I kept adding more and more events and game choices. Generally if you have a editor question you can ask on the forums and someone usually has an answer for you. Or you could even make a more basic map and have relatively few events: An event for the briefing, event for each level of winning, and a lose event. There's less complexity to it but it can still be an entertaining map. (I think Edbangor's Monkey Motor's map only had a handful of events yet it was still a good map so you don't need lots of events to make a good map)

I think I like the event editor part of scenario creation, it's the painting a map, and finding a base map or creative a base map to begin with that is the part of scenario creation that I am least enthusiastic about.

by the way, thanks for letting me know of the error. Sorry about it, hopefully you weren't too far into the game.

What sort of map/scenario were you looking into creating?
Moggie
Conductor

Well it's just a faint sprout of an idea... I thought about a single mass of land with a river running from east to west all through the map. You start with rights to the southern part and have to complete some conditions in order to get access to the northern part. Maybe there could be a final condition with raw material in the North and industry in the South... but these are all just floating baby ideas...
Moggie