Crash problem...

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
CosmicDragon

Crash problem... Unread post

Um, yeah... okay...

My problem is, obviously, related to Trainmaster, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here.
When I start a game in the year 2000 (Looking at the text file with the Trainmaster express cars reveals it first appears in 1995), when any train picks up passengers, my game crashes and I get this error:
"Pack element < PassTMK_Body.3dp > not found"
If I can't solve this issue, I won't be able to play past 1995 in game =/

I haven't tried the other set of express cars, but I don't know if it would be any different. Perhaps I should try it...
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Crash problem... Unread post

You're correct...I checked the file list for the defal blue express cars and some files are missing. Use the german set instead, and I will reupload the blue express set.
CosmicDragon

Ok, thanks. I'll try that.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I've fixed the files and sent it to Hawk, however, I'll post it here so you can try it out. Should work now.
Attachments
Trainmaster_Express_DefaultBlue.zip
(8.31 MiB) Downloaded 311 times
Kiev the Great
Hobo

Is there anyway to fix this for a save I'm already playing? I'm in the final year of monkey business and I can't get it to work.

Great work still!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yes, replace your current express car set with either the german set or the set I just posted. Since it has the missing files, it will stop the crashing. Even for a game in progress.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
Kiev the Great
Hobo

Hey I uncopied the files and yet it still tells me that it isn't there. I really don't wanna lose 34 years of hard work.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Uncopied? Not sure what you mean.

You need to have an express car set. Make sure you have a Express Car pk4 file in either data\3D or data\PoptopExtraconent.

An alternative is to install the Persian Electric Custom Pack. I has all the necessary passenger coaches for that scenario, so it should solve your problem

There's no reason to lose your 34 years. It's just a case of some missing files and once those are in the right place then everything will work properly.
Kiev the Great
Hobo

nedfumpkin wrote:Uncopied? Not sure what you mean.

You need to have an express car set. Make sure you have a Express Car pk4 file in either data\3D or data\PoptopExtraconent.

An alternative is to install the Persian Electric Custom Pack. I has all the necessary passenger coaches for that scenario, so it should solve your problem

There's no reason to lose your 34 years. It's just a case of some missing files and once those are in the right place then everything will work properly.
Sorry I meant copied. Idiot moment *!*!*!

What I mean to say is I put it in data/3D but the same problem recurs. I'll try Persian electric and the extra content folder though.
nedfumpkin
CEO

If that doesn't work I will pm you the loose files which can be placed in the userextracontent folder to get you through the scenario. But make sure that the new file is dated today for the blue express cars. Can't think of a reason that the german set doesn't work.
Kiev the Great
Hobo

I have tried all of the files and it crashes when the first train comes in. I checked it though and it doesn't have any express i.e it's a freight train. Does that mean anything or have any relevence?
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm not exactly sure. It's when a train is loading that it will crash if the parts aren't there. Are you still getting the same message about a missing file? Also, which year is it?
Kiev the Great
Hobo

1995. I've gone and got a fresh install now. And I'll probably redo the map as I fluffed it up by going to the horseshoe far to late. It did teach me a lot about the new industry though. Great work and thanks for the help.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. But a new installation should fix things. Try the German Express cars this time since they have been well tested at all time periods. There will be more set coming...I tend to work slow but steady. I've started working on the Monopoly map (Basically a monopoly board) and I will be swinging between it and the CNR express cars. But the German cars are really nice. Holger did a great job.

Although, the Persian Star Railway express cars in the custom pack are based on the German cars, but with a different paint job. It turns out that Darius Ali was able to get them really cheap on the black market. He knows people. :)
CosmicDragon

Okay, I'm going to try the new set now; let's see if it works... If not, I'll just go back to the German set.

btw: stupid question (probably), but can you just freely switch the sets out without having to re-start a scenario? As in, will it automatically update the cars when the file is switched to a different one?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yes, you can switch any tme without problem except while you are actually playing the game. In fact I do it all the time while working on stuff.

All in all I would say that TM is pretty solid except when it is directly attributable to something I've messed up such as a pk4 without files or a typo somewhere. But despite that it was crash occasionally, I find it very rare. Most of the bugs have been worked out. The problem with the default blue cars is because I forgot to copy some files.