Adding a papermill via event.

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Adding a papermill via event. Unread post

I've discovered that the game will crash if you have an event that adds a papermill to a map. Not sure why this is, but I am looking into it.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Adding a papermill via event. Unread post

I figured I'd test it out and see if it crashed on my system. I took a blank map from scratch, and added 3 "add event" paper mills and then tested it and each event placed its paper mill without any crashes. I don't have the campaign files installed though.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I've had two maps do it, CA01 and CA07. Both as scenarios and as campaign maps. Both are maps made from scratch, so I am not at all sure why this is happening.
Blackhawk
CEO

Well I did a little further testing:
-Fresh map with only 1 event (adding the paper mill), the paper mill seems to be placed fine.
-Added an event to Ape-ri Ski to add a paper mill and it seemed to work without a crash.
-Tried the paper mill event on the earlier version of Monopoly and it crashed.
-Added one on The Juice Train, and it crashed.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm wondering if it can be blamed on Global Warming?
Blackhawk
CEO

^**lylgh Might as well. Everything is these days. Except it's now called Climate Change. I suppose it's not very green chopping down trees to make some paper. Maybe you'll need to create a recycled paper factory and the maps will be happy.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Climate Change is an oxymoron since climate is constantly undergoing change.

I thought I was on the safe side since hemp is a sustainable resource, and the reclamation facility does recycle paper. Hm...maybe that explains it...we've gone against the Illuminati plans for world domination by being sensible. Where's Dan Brown when you need him?
Blackhawk
CEO

With the harsher winters lately, I suppose the "scientists" had to come up with something to cover both ends of the spectrum. In the legal world "experts" who have some sort of specialized background are called whores. Cause it's just a matter of finding an "expert" (doctor, scientist, zoo keeper) who agrees with what your theory, and paying them money to testify.

I haven't researched it in depth, but I think in the U.S. some theorize that the DuPont family (and others) got hemp banned from being grown in order to protect the interests of their own companies. Perhaps the your sensible alternative of hemp has caused the "powers that be" to crash the game.
Kiev the Great
Hobo

In a topic completely away from the papermill, despite getting snowed in repeatedly this winter, it was actually one of the mildest on record. It just so happens that everywhere but the USA and Europe were hotter than normal while we froze our nips off.