Installing

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
erniemagoo
Cat

Installing Unread post

Hi, i think i may be doing something wrong but here is my problem:
I installed RT3
patched it 1.05
installed Coast to Coast
installed Trainmaster
installed all the other files required

and when i run the game all is fine until i get to building databases, then it it hangs and when i press Ctrl-Alt-Del for end task i have the message:
Pack Element <2Hab_Profileims> not found

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

By the way this is a great site and long may it continue
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Installing Unread post

The error message is indicating that you haven't installed Trainmaster correctly.

Make sure you have three Trainmaster locomotive pk4 files in the 3D folder. Or, they can be in the data\PoptopExtraContent folder if you plan on using custom paks.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Also be aware that the Coast to Coast Expansion is Version 1.04 and needs to be installed before the 1.05 patch. ;-)
Hawk
erniemagoo
Cat

Hi, thanx for that info, i reinstalled rt3 and installed trainmaster and the other files as per instructions and now when i attempt to launch a campaign it crashes????????????????

Sorry to be a pain, but i would like to play rt3 with trainmaster
erniemagoo
Cat

Hi, the crash happens when the game begins initialize if thats any help?
Blackhawk
CEO

Did you install the campaign files as well? Those are a separate download from the trainmaster file. I would try seeing if a TM scenario will load.
nedfumpkin
CEO

You need to follow the directions precisely, otherwise you end up where you are. It seems to be a case of the files not being in the right place.

Make sure you have deleted the necessary files before installing Trainmaster. Make sure yo unzip the files to their appropriate folders. Make sure you have an express car set and a troop carrier set.

If you tell me exactly when the game crashes then it is easier to figure out what's wrong.
Kiev the Great
Hobo

I believe I had teh same problem, and it was because I hadn't deleted the files the readme told me too. Have you tried that?
erniemagoo
Cat

Hi, i have all the files were they should be and have followed all the instructions in the readme txt, and i get the trainmaster screen when i go to start a campaign, but just when it says Initialising game it then crashes and the fault is highlighted as RT3.exe i wonder am i doing something wrong with the RT3.exe file that comes with trainmaster? because when i unzip all the files to their respective folders RT3.exe is not available. I hope this makes sense to you i know i'm nearly there lol

thanx steve
nedfumpkin
CEO

That does make sense...you need to use the RT3.exe that comes wih Trainmaster. If you are on Vista then try running things as administrator, or delete the RT3.exe file in your Trainmaster folder before unzipping the file. The campaign maps are hardcoded into the exe file.

Also, you must download and install campaign files in numerical order, although that's not your problem.
erniemagoo
Cat

A,ha so i have to delete the original RT3.exe and unzip and use only the trainmaster rt3.exe
i will try that
thanx again
nedfumpkin
CEO

Keep me posted...we will get this working for you.
erniemagoo
Cat

Hi, that did not work so what i will do is uninstall everything and reinstall and see what happens lol i'm running windows xp pro by the way
thanx again
steve
nedfumpkin
CEO

That's weird...should worked...do you have the campaign files installed?
erniemagoo
Cat

Horay!!!!!!!!!! i finally got it to work!!! The problem was that when i unzipped all the trainmaster files such as 2d,3d ect they appeared as another folder i.e. maps-maps, 2d-2d ect so i transferred all the files in the duplicate folders to the original folders and deleted the duplicated folders which were now empty and i deleted rt3.exe before putting the trainmaster rt3.exe in!!!

happy days and i hope this helps anyone else who is stuck and thankyou very much for all the assisstance and your patience

thanx again
steve
nedfumpkin
CEO

God that it is working.
Kiev the Great
Hobo

This obviously won't help the posters problem, but I would recommend if you are using vista to not install under program files as vista likes to hide files or move them to a "safer" location, and as such has caused me millions of problems with mods for Total war games in the past.
Blackhawk
CEO

Kiev the Great wrote:This obviously won't help the posters problem, but I would recommend if you are using vista to not install under program files as vista likes to hide files or move them to a "safer" location, and as such has caused me millions of problems with mods for Total war games in the past.
It's not that bad once you figure out where the files get stored, but that can often be a chore to figure it out. More about not installing in the program files folder was mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2496
Hawk
The Big Dawg

He did mention in a earlier post that he was using XP. ;-)
Hawk
Kiev the Great
Hobo

I heard he was installing on XP, but I thought seeing as someone having trouble installing will probably find this thread and look for answers, more answers would be available.