Game does not recognize .RAR files

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
RTFanStation
Hobo

Game does not recognize .RAR files Unread post

I recently downloaded Trainmaster and experienced some problems with the maps available for download from the H&B Trainmaster map archive.

The .GMP map files (such as Monopoly (TM) and TM Persian Electric) and are recognized by the game as playable maps, but .RAR files (such as China Ultimate 2.0 and Ape-ri Ski (TM)) do not appear in the "New Scenario" interface.

I put them in the 'Maps' folder. Is this the correct location?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Visit the Railroad Tycoon Fan Station - http://www.techtourguide.com/kurtdvich/
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Game does not recognize .RAR files Unread post

RAR files are similar to zip files. You need WinRAR to open them up.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Hawk
RTFanStation
Hobo

Ahh. :oops: Thanks for the help! !*th_up*!
Visit the Railroad Tycoon Fan Station - http://www.techtourguide.com/kurtdvich/
j484fan
Watchman

I'm not sure what's going on, but I am trying to DL the Persian Electric files and both of those are saying the same thing as the ones for the China game map. Yet the Juice train one shows what it's supposed to. When I clicked on this earlier to DL it showed the right info. But if you click on the Asia maps selection it comes up correct.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

j484fan wrote:I'm not sure what's going on, but I am trying to DL the Persian Electric files and both of those are saying the same thing as the ones for the China game map. Yet the Juice train one shows what it's supposed to. When I clicked on this earlier to DL it showed the right info. But if you click on the Asia maps selection it comes up correct.
Can you be a little more specific?
You said both of the Persian Electric files say the same things as the China map. What is it they're saying, and are you referring to the English and German versions when you say both?
What happens when you try to download it. I just tried and it downloaded and unzipped just fine.

You're giving the impression that you can't download them.
Hawk
j484fan
Watchman

That's weird, I just checked to see what you were asking about and though that is the same page I saw when I first DL those files when clicking right on the Persian Electric a little bit ago, all that showed up was the DL for the China map. I have no idea why. Yet as I said, when I clicked on the Asia maps option, both of those maps showed up as they now again do just clicking on PE selection. I have no idea how to explain that.