Passenger and mail demand etc

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Luewen82
Cat

Passenger and mail demand etc Unread post

Hey!

I really love the work done with the trainmaster but i seem to have problem that not a single city is demanding passengers.

There are lots of passengers "produced" in cities but when ever they are being hauled to other stations i am not getting any money for the transfer. Even if there are passengers that want to go to that particular city.
When checking train details, the cargo worth is 0.

Other cargoes show production and demand normally. Well those cargoes that are available at that certain year.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Passenger and mail demand etc Unread post

Which map and are you using a custom consist or automanage?
Luewen82
Cat

Map is American Rails and using custom consists. On the other hand shouldnt you see passenger demand icon on cities when you are looking the demand and producing window? Like with other cargo.
nedfumpkin
CEO

American Rails isn't a Trainmaster map. That could be part of the problem.
Luewen82
Cat

Hmmm. gonna try campaign map and see what happens.
nedfumpkin
CEO

My recommendation is to start with Persian Electric as your first scenario. After that, Birth of a Nation or Monkey Motors are good, so is Monkey Business. Juice Train is a good scenario, but is a bit more difficult, as is China.

My next Campaign map is going to be Deadwood Dakota. This is going to be about 3 things...gold rushes, settlers, and work gangs.

Something I am thinking about doing is creating events whereby a number of loads of passengerswould have to be delivered to a town before an agricultural community would spring up. Or, I might do it by territory rather than town and as more passengers are delivered to the territory, the more agricultural communities spring up. Just some thoughts.
Blackhawk
CEO

nedfumpkin wrote: Something I am thinking about doing is creating events whereby a number of loads of passengers would have to be delivered to a town before an agricultural community would spring up. Or, I might do it by territory rather than town and as more passengers are delivered to the territory, the more agricultural communities spring up. Just some thoughts.
Not to take this too far off topic but:
If I ever get around to play testing and fixing errors in the last scenario I made a few months ago and haven't touched in awhile, I do some something similar. However I don't use passengers, instead I used I think loads of steel. If enough steel got delivered to a city, the city in a backwards nation was finally able to build an industry which could help build the required cargoes faster to meet the victory conditions.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I like scenarios like that, but if I can add a suggestion....offer choices maybe, so perhaps if you supply lumber and steel you get one effect on the city industries, but if you offer aluminum and plastic you get another. I'm just throwing that out as an example, a different mix would work better..This way the player is making the choices as how they want the world to evolve.
Blackhawk
CEO

That's a pretty good idea. I think I have maybe around 5-10 cities where an industry could appear. I'll have to look into the possibility of using different resources to spawn different industries, or If I end up using the same resource, like steel, I could just have a game choice message appear asking what the player would prefer to be built. In this scenario where the speed at which you get cargoes shipped by determines your level of victory, having the player have some control over how the "world" develops gives the player yet another variable in trying to achieve the TM victory. I like it :-D thanks.
Luewen82
Cat

Okay seems to be working better now. Did trainmaster change the passenger profit that you dont get any money if passengers dont want to go to certain station?

Also off topic question.

What happened to TM manual? I cant seem to find it in the docs directory.
Also what happened to the ability to check detail view of trains to see if they make any profit etc?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thr whole supply chain is changed so when you load a RT3 1.05 or 1.06 map, and you mange to actually play it, it is so messed up since the industries and everything else is different that who knows what happened.

In the initial installation, the documents aren't included, only a folder is made for them. In the new 1.1 version, the docs come with it, and the 2.0 version will have them included as well, for now, you have to d/l the supply chain guide.

Not sure what you mean by train detail, as far as I know there aren't any changes to how you can look at or manage your trains. Perhaps post a screen shot.
Luewen82
Cat

And yer about train detail list. Seems i am too blind. There they were right where the supposed to be. MEH. I need to buy glasses.

And btw is there color code for trainmaster maps? or should i just delete all old maps before installing trainmaster?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Trainmaster maps are supposed to have TM in the name, but it might be easier to remove the old maps so it's not confusing. The new installation of TM does remove them. Most old maps can be loaded in the editor and made into TM maps though.
Luewen82
Cat

Allrighty. Thanks for the help. :D
Luewen82
Cat

And is there quick quide to make old maps TM compatible?

Also can i use those new express cars in vanilla RT3?
Last edited by Luewen82 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yes, there is, but I can't seem to find the english version, so if someone could post it again it would be much appreciated.

For that matter, any other docs too since I seem to have lost all but the player characters, readme, and supply chain guide
Blackhawk
CEO

This thread refers to converting RT3 maps into TM.
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2337
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thanks. !*th_up*!
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Somebody made a guide for conversion and it can be found in the RT3 "Extras" section.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Wolverine@MSU wrote:Somebody made a guide for conversion and it can be found in the RT3 "Extras" section.
That's what I thought, but it's not there. Nor is it on the TM download page.
I thought I added that to the TM download page but I guess I didn't.

Oh well! It's in the thread linked to two posts up by Blackhawk (maybe I should add it now? :mrgreen: ).
Hawk