Multi-player

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Walkin49ers
Cat

Multi-player Unread post

Just wondering if you can play multi-player in trainmaster or patch 1.06. I have the games working no problem but when my friend and I try to play a multi-player game in lan connection it crashes as soon as you try to build a train. I love the game but find it much more enjoyable playing with a buddy. Is it possible and if so how do I stop it from crashing when I try to buy a train. FYI- I'm using the no-cd crack would this make a difference. Thank-you
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Multi-player Unread post

It's been so long since I've tried playing RT 1.06 multi-player I don't remember. I know i was able to get 1.05 working multi-player, but I'm not sure about 1.06.

I'd check to make sure you have everything installed exactly the same way. Most of us here don't play multi-player so it's our one area of weakness in answering questions.
Blackhawk
CEO

I just found a post from Milo from 2007, and he said that he would recommend playing RT3 multi-player in 1.05 as he (and the others who helped create 1.06) did not test 1.06 at all in multi-player, so it's unknown if it would work correctly or not.
nedfumpkin
CEO

TM is based on the 1.06 exe, and I don't think it works multi-player. Not something I ever thought about.
Walkin49ers
Cat

Thank-you for the quick reply. I play multi-player on the 1.05 patch no problem, its just the 1.06 and trainmaster that crashes when i try to buy a train. I'm wondering if this might be a quick fix since it works and loads all the way to that point where i try to buy a train but understand I'm probally out of luck seeing as the majority of you's play single player. DRAG Once again thnx for the quick response and I guess its 1.05 or nothing. thank-you
Walkin49ers
Cat

I see you're from Hamilton Ontario Ned. Well if you want to help out a former Ontarian if you're bored and get TM workin for multi-player that would be great. LOL Just kidding(No I'm Not) I'm from St.Thomas Ontario not too far from you. Anyhow like I said thnx for the quick response, Ive played and replayed 1.05 so many times it's lost its charm, so I guess I'll have to find something new. Have a good one, don't work too hard. LOL
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Walkin49ers wrote:Ive played and replayed 1.05 so many times it's lost its charm, so I guess I'll have to find something new.
Have you played all the 1.05 maps in the archive here? There's a slew of them.
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

As far as I can rely on my map overview utility, there are only the following multiplayer maps:

Age of Steam I
Age of Steam II
American Empire
Around Cache Valley
Australia by Didgabringabilly
Christaller
Four Roads to Berlin
France 1850
German South-West Africa
Great Lakes DV (Darth Vader's version)
Great Northern
Great Republic
Island Time
K's United States
K's West Coast
Louisville and Nashville
Mecklenburg and Pommerania
Mississippi Industry Wagon Strike
New World MP
Prince of Steel
Summer Vacation
Utah and James Hill

All of them are Patch 1.05 maps - so play them with RRT3 Patch 1.05! (0!!0)
There's no business like RT business ...