problem in Trainmaster help plz

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
rayene
Cat

problem in Trainmaster help plz Unread post

i have problem in Trainmaster
plz i need help :-D :-D :-D
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: problem in Trainmaster help plz Unread post

I moved your post from the forum problems to the Trainmaster forum.

What was the process you went through to install Trainmaster? It has been awhile since I went through the process of installing Trainmaster, but this thread may be of some help:
http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... iew#p29264
Hawk
The Big Dawg

That error is usually indicative of not having the Coast to Coast Expansion (V-1.04) installed.
As it states in the ReadMe under the Installation header:

Installation

Trainmaster requires a fully installed commercial copy of Railroad Tycoon 3 that has been patched to at least Coast to Coast (1.04) and 1.05, with the Play CD.
Hawk
rayene
Cat

ok !*th_up*! !*th_up*!
rayene
Cat

is not work
:-( :-( :-( :-(
RulerofRails
CEO

A few more details would be nice. For example, which car packs did you choose?

Personally, I have a "Clean" install of 1.05 on C: drive. Any time that I want to install any mods or 1.06 or Trainmaster, I just copy that, rename it, then proceed with the patching or installing/overwriting files. If I were you I would start from such a fresh copy of 1.05: that's the game, with 1.04 (Coast-to-Coast) and 1.05 patches already installed.

If you just tried to run the Coast-to-Coast install later, that wont work. That will even put your exe back to 1.04 version. Maybe just putting the TM exe back will let the game run, but I can't really be sure.

Also, be careful when installing Trainmaster files. BlackHawk's link will tell you that. To try to help with install, some zips have the complete folder structure to allow pasting them into the game's main folder. This is the reason for the parent folders such as "Data/3D". However, beware because not all zips are this way, and the combination could cause confusion. A little familiarity with the game's Data folder and subfolders will help to avoid this. If you give a list of what assets (which car pack etc.) you installed, we can try to identify if this might be a problem.
rayene
Cat

RulerofRails wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:47 am A few more details would be nice. For example, which car packs did you choose?

Personally, I have a "Clean" install of 1.05 on C: drive. Any time that I want to install any mods or 1.06 or Trainmaster, I just copy that, rename it, then proceed with the patching or installing/overwriting files. If I were you I would start from such a fresh copy of 1.05: that's the game, with 1.04 (Coast-to-Coast) and 1.05 patches already installed.

If you just tried to run the Coast-to-Coast install later, that wont work. That will even put your exe back to 1.04 version. Maybe just putting the TM exe back will let the game run, but I can't really be sure.

Also, be careful when installing Trainmaster files. BlackHawk's link will tell you that. To try to help with install, some zips have the complete folder structure to allow pasting them into the game's main folder. This is the reason for the parent folders such as "Data/3D". However, beware because not all zips are this way, and the combination could cause confusion. A little familiarity with the game's Data folder and subfolders will help to avoid this. If you give a list of what assets (which car pack etc.) you installed, we can try to identify if this might be a problem.
i dont know how i do for installed trainmaster
RulerofRails
CEO

Ok. It appears you are using the msi installer. In the past I have installed TM manually by unzipping the relevant files into the right place. When using the msi, I think the main thing is to specify the correct target for the install.

I would definitely suggest to take a copy of a working 1.05 install (whole game folder) making sure Coast to Coast official expansion pack (1.04) has been installed, then rename this as "Trainmaster." Then when you run the Trainmaster msi installer you will have to manually point it to this location.

Maybe you checked the locations already, but thought I would ask. If it doesn't work. I could make a list of what you need for a manual install of the individual files. That would be the method without using the msi installer.
rayene
Cat

if you can Sign Up video (how to install tarinmaster patch)
plz :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)