Installing TM with a RT3 download from Steam

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Corvallisc
Cat

Installing TM with a RT3 download from Steam Unread post

Having trouble with TM loading. I get the main menu, can pick a campaign and it will show video and start to load. At the point it says loading databases it cuts out, back to desktop. My problem may be that the RT3 folder is under: programfiles86/Steam/Steamapps/common/RT3.
So looking forward to your mods!
Corvallisc
Cat

Re: Installing TM with a RT3 download from Steam Unread post

Just to clarify, I am working in windows 10.
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: Installing TM with a RT3 download from Steam Unread post

I don't have the game through Steam. I have a big suspicion however that Steam looks for modified files and "resets/verifys" them. TM needs modified files to run.

What is recommended practice for TM is to make a separate dedicated install. By that we mean copy the entire game folder to a different location. Just place it somewhere else (outside the Steam folder at least). This should be an easy copy for the steam install too (I haven't tried it myself). If not, post a screenshot of your folder contents.

The TM executable (confusingly still named RT3.exe) is free of DRM, so once you get a copy of the game in a different folder (away from the influence of Steam) you can probably get it working. Just do the setup again (make sure to point it to the new location) and then run RT3.exe from that folder when you want to play TM.

Let us know how it goes. :-)