Newspapers

Topics on how to write scenarios for TrainMaster.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Newspapers Unread post

In another thread Ruth remarked that I could change the nespaper headlines, and something about versions. Starting a trhead on this topic.

As far as I can recall, Changing the headline on news papers has always been possible in the event editor. So I'm not sure what the o/p was referring to.

On the other hand, the names of the newspapers, the headlines etc, that appear on them are located in the language file, and can and will be changed. There's a bunch of different stuff, so I am open to any suggestions about names or headlines that can appear on the default portion of the newspapers. It's quite open.

Another change to that file is going to be on the school house. Currently it has a bunch of names and various offences for who is in detention. Everyone in the credits will be listed here, and various offences will appear.

I'm slowly working through it.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Newspapers Unread post

That's very naughty! I'll look forward to that (the school-house). I thought the newspaper thing was new in the 1.06 patch but it must be just the sub-headlines.

Here's from the 1.06 ReadMe:
You can override a newspaper's tertiary headline, title, price, and/or date by setting the event's message type temporarily to 'Choice' and filling in choices 1-4 respectively. If a field is blank, the newspaper will default to its original behavior for that field. Once you've set the choice values, leave and re-enter the event before switching its message type to ensure that the extra values get stored in memory.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Newspapers Unread post

What you describe is only 1.06. I won't be doing that. I may be able to make more room for the scendary headline. But for the others, I am just going to change the defaults to wacky stuff.