Scenario idea - heightmap ?

Topics on how to write scenarios for TrainMaster.
thietavu
Conductor

Re: Scenario idea - heightmap ? Unread post

Sigh... What Microsoft's Train Simulator 2 promised to be! A part of a global network of trains, based on real world! When that project and team was killed near finishing it, I almost lost my hope. If everything will just be fast-food, social gaming like WoW - gaming without brain, just for action, what will be there for us? :(

I don't know. I almost *hate* World of Warcraft because it started something I shall never be a part of. Probably great, but still... not my thing. Never.

Although I didn't love Microsoft as an industry giant any more than something like Intel, I did love some of their special projects. Like their Flight and Train simulators.

And they are no more here. Because we are insignificant business for them compared to kids playing WoW and similar things. Who cares about trains? Only old, stupid weirdos?

That's what Microsoft must have thought. Can we prove them that they are wrong?
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
Stoker
Engineer

Re: Scenario idea - heightmap ? Unread post

thietavu wrote:Who cares about trains? Only old, stupid weirdos?
You better smile when you say that around here partner.... :lol:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke