Community question

Topics on how to write scenarios for TrainMaster.
KenRuof
Hobo

Community question Unread post

Help needed,

I have tried using the diary/traditionalist communities and the doc says I can remove the crops and replace them from the crops available in the "trees" section. I have done this but when I load the map in the editor or try test play the default crops appear. So what am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Ken
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Community question Unread post

Well I know it's possible to be done, as Ned's maps like Persian Electric have customized farm crops. However I'm not sure how he did it. He may have started the scenario so all the buildings and industries spawned in addition to those that were manually placed. Then hit shift-E and went into the editor and fixed the crops for the agri communities and saved it that way. This then makes what's spawned now the start of the map all the time. However, I'd wait for Ned to stop by and say how he did it for his maps as I may be wrong on how he did it.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I think the confusion is that you can't replace the crops that show up that are associated with the building. What will happen is that the crops in that area are spawned and mess up when the encounter the ones you placed. You can plant more crops around them instead to give it more of a patchwork look like you see on aerial photos, but you are working around what is already there and expanding it. But this is just cosmetic because in my opinion, agriculture is never a square block of the same crop. Birth of a Nation has this going on as an example.
KenRuof
Hobo

Thanks got it,

Another question, from what I have read, TM's intent is to not spawn industry etc... but to place what is wanted / need by hand. Also it is good to place resources (mines etc...) where you want them.

Thanks
Ken