How to restore a "disappeared" company logo?

Topics on how to write scenarios for TrainMaster.
thietavu
Conductor

How to restore a "disappeared" company logo? Unread post

When developing my endless Great China 4 scenario, I made a mistake by trying to debug the map from the editor, running the scenario in the editor for some time. The mistake was saving it after that... You see, now the "dragon" company logo I used when testing isn't selectable any longer when one starts to play this map. I have no idea how to make it available again.

Speaking of which, is there a way to limit the number of available company logos in a scenario? In this case, for example, only s handful would really be required.

Thanks for advice! :)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: How to restore a "disappeared" company logo? Unread post

Easiest way is to create a custom pak and include the logos on the CompanyLogo_A.dds file.

As for limiting the logos available, if you do the above, just repeat the logos you want to file the image, but nothing I can think of for limiting the user created icon files.

Edit...I was going to run into the same problem when I was backdating Deadwood Dakota, because the RRs had track laid that needed to be removed, so I changed all the icons before I deleted the companies so they would be available. Almost ran into the same problem as you, but escaped it at the last minute.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Another thing to point out; If you ran the scenario in the editor, then saved it, when you play the scenario in the game the economy and industry seeding is most likely going to be a bit messed up.

I did something similar on one of my maps and it was a mess after that. That's why it's no longer available in the archives. It was so bad I just pulled it.
Hawk
thietavu
Conductor

Hawk wrote:Another thing to point out; If you ran the scenario in the editor, then saved it, when you play the scenario in the game the economy and industry seeding is most likely going to be a bit messed up.

I did something similar on one of my maps and it was a mess after that. That's why it's no longer available in the archives. It was so bad I just pulled it.
This sounds like pretty bad News... :( Sigh...
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Not really, if you give me the logos you want, I can make the necessary file. It's pretty easy actually.
thietavu
Conductor

nedfumpkin wrote:Not really, if you give me the logos you want, I can make the necessary file. It's pretty easy actually.
Well, since this is the "China" scenario, the only logo it really needs is the "dragon" one. Perhaps a couple more like:
- Hawk & Badger"
- CN
- CR
- the "phoenix" logo - a yellow big bird

Thanks for any help! :)

T-man
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Here's a Hawk & Badger Logo. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Logo_HBSERR.zip
(5.41 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Send me the dragon logo you want to use, or if you want, I can create a selection of fictional logos that would be available in the game.
thietavu
Conductor

Hawk wrote:Here's a Hawk & Badger Logo. :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot! :-D
thietavu
Conductor

nedfumpkin wrote:Send me the dragon logo you want to use, or if you want, I can create a selection of fictional logos that would be available in the game.
The logo is already in TrainMaster's logo selection. It's just unavailable for me now, after I used it for a short moment while testing my Great China 4 scenario from the editor - and then made the mistake of saving it. Now whenever I start a new game using that scenario map, the yellow-black "flying dragon" in no longer visible and selectable. It's a blue dragon on a yellow background. I guess it is somehow "reserved" now, kind of in use of some invisible, unused other company... Strange. :( Guess there's no way to release it again. The problem is that I've done so much changes since that happened that it's a very painful idea to try to find an old version of that map saved before I made my mistake. Fortunately, the map seems to work ok otherwise.