Scandinavia 1.0 map now available for TM

Discuss scenarios and strategies for game play.
thietavu
Conductor

Scandinavia 1.0 map now available for TM Unread post

Here's (on the TM download pages) a new very large and detailed map about Europe. It's simply about connecting Helsinki, Finland to 18 other cities in Northern Europe. Like in all my maps, the challenge is not in strict time limits or finding just the right strategies, but in managing a huge fleet of locomotives through a very long period of time, on a very large railroad network. Economy is not very important here - once you get by the first tricky years in Finland of 1860s, you should have enough money to do whatever you please. But exactly what you do with that money - and in which order: that's the whole thing.

I haven't tested this map on RRT3 - it might work there too, but TrainMaster is definitely recommended. And a reasonably fast computer, since in the end game you're likely to run MANY trains over Europe. :)

Good luck - and I hope you'll have some fun with this one!

Tommi
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
Moggie
Conductor

Re: Scandinavia 1.0 map now available for TM Unread post

Just started :-) . It's a bit tricky in the beginning but I'm started to build up a head of steam as it were. So far so good.
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
thietavu
Conductor

Moggie wrote:Just started :-) . It's a bit tricky in the beginning but I'm started to build up a head of steam as it were. So far so good.
Yes, it's pretty easy to stall the engine during the first 10..20 years or so, expanding too fast or choosing wrong towns to connect with. :)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
Moggie
Conductor

I tend to overborrow but I seem to have avoided that trap this time. BTW, I think I recognise the industries in Hämeenlinna...Wetterhoff & Atria? :)
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
thietavu
Conductor

Moggie wrote:I tend to overborrow but I seem to have avoided that trap this time. BTW, I think I recognise the industries in Hämeenlinna...Wetterhoff & Atria? :)
I tried to make the industries "real" when possible. In most cases it was possible. Also in my China map - although that one took a LOT of work and even translations from Chinese to Finnish. :)