Windows 7

Discussion of any computer-related issues.
Jancsika
Hobo

Windows 7 Unread post

I have Windows 7 64 bit installed.
At personalizing (right click on the desktop) choose the new Windows 7 scheme.
My computer settings has overridden the forum color and communication setup.
Got gray fields, and could not post any reply or new threads.
The only thing was left: I could send a message to Hawk, but could not post an answer to it.

So I went back to the Desktop, right clicked, and choose the “Windows Classic: color scheme. That is probably from XP or Windows 98.
Now everything is working fine:
What a hassle!!!!! !*00*!

Jancsika
PS. Edit: The scheme is one of the "High contrast schemes. The basic scheme seems working OK.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Windows 7 Unread post

So, I take it you can now reply to posts?
Hawk
Jancsika
Hobo

So, I take it you can now reply to posts?
Yea!!
I have checked. It is doing it to other forums too. Some of them only the appearance is affected, I can still post.I think Microsoft should do something about it. :mrgreen:
Jancsika
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Jancsika wrote:I think Microsoft should do something about it. :mrgreen:
Jancsika
But it's for your protection. After all, Microsoft knows what's best. ^**lylgh
Hawk
JSS
Brakeman

Janciska, any chance it could be related to your video card and/or drivers?
Have installed Windows7 Pro 64 Bit within a few days after it was available and have not had such issues. All my old boards display just fine.
Not sure if that applies but whenever I play Civ it displays a short blurb saying that it is reverting to a standard desktop display format and then Civ starts up just fine.

Have installed RRT3 and it does not work. However I have not spend much time trying to make it work since I have not done anything with RRT for a very very long time. So there is no rush. RT2 works so I am happy.
Just like to say that I like Win7 so far. Finally a version where I don't have to "start" windows to shut it down.
The man who has no imagination has no wings. (Muhammad Ali)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Have you seen these 2 threads John? They may help.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2131

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2133
Hawk
JSS
Brakeman

Thanks Hawk for the link to those threads.
Have not opened RT3 for about a year so there is no real rush. Once I get the urge (and time) to continue with the SCBC map I will worry about making sure it gets installed right. Still play RT2 a fair bit and that works just fine so I have all I need to fix my railroading addiction.
The man who has no imagination has no wings. (Muhammad Ali)
SRV Ron
Hobo

Could the problem be with Internet Explorer? I was able to install the newest version of Firefox and, after some hassle, got the settings and bookmarks transferred over. Unless it is some update, there were 11 new ones since the computer was built, the web site works fine.

The biggest hassle was transferring settings and old mail from Thunderbird. But, once I found where to copy the data to, it now logs in and runs.

I do have an issue with Mlive since they updated their site. It insist that you use IE8 for posting. There is no spell checking available that I can find in IE8

So far, the usual problems, older hardware that won't work, the Jump command not functioning in the RE of Train-Sim, one newer game that can't be read from the DVD-CD drive
SRV Ron
Hobo

I am happy to report that Firefox now works at the Mlive site. The issue may have been with cookies when they updated the site.

MSTS transferred OK with the RE needing the bin memory patch to get it working.

TSModeler won't install on the 64 bit version. The program folder can be copied over from an installed computer and will run in demo mode. A complex registry hack is required to get the program unlocked since there are no provisions to enter the unlock code in the program.