All versions of Firefox available here.

Discussion of any computer-related issues.
Gwizz
CEO

Re: All versions of Firefox available here. Unread post

I did a search and found a list of older versions of Fire Fox that I could download.

I didn't save the site and don't remember where it was. *!*!*!

I know that is not a lot of help. :-(
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Hawk
thegrindre
Engineer

Yeah! That's a good link, Ed. Thanks. !*th_up*!
I find it rather funny that my version of FF isn't even listed. **!!!**
It's the only version I've ever used that's been absolutely trouble free. !*th_up*!
I have no plans to upgrade to v3 until they make a stable version as they have with v2.
My motto is, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"...
ff1.jpg
Hey, I found an old bookmark of mine that lists every version, including my version, here, which happens to be the last v2 released.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/history/6/

(0!!0)
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm running V-3.6.6 and I don't have any problems with it on an XP rig.
I will admit I had a lot of problems with 3.5xx and the first release of 3.6 but all seems to be working fine now.
Hawk
brunom
Dispatcher

Ever tried Opera?... It's much faster than IE or FF, and the "speed dial" (which other browsers copied now) is a winner.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Yes, I have tried Opera. I kinda' like it but haven't got really used to it yet. I mainly use it to test web site work, but basically if it works in FF it will work in Opera.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

My FF seems to now auto-update, which I don't like for various reasons. (1. if i like it the way it is i don't want to update. 2. auto updatecould potentially be exploited by hackers)
Originally I was using a version of 1.5 on vista, which would randomly crash as it was not compatible with vista, but I liked the feel of 1.5 more than 3 or 3.5 and it seemed to run fairly quick. (The more updates of FF that come out, the more I feel like it's just becoming bloated and slow) I usually keep a lot of windows open, and at least now with 3.6.6 firefox separated the addons (plug in container.exe) from the firefox.exe so I often just go use task manager to terminate the plug in container otherwise it just keeps growing and growing in the amount of memory it uses up and lags down FF and my system. Maybe that is just me though and one of the add on i use has a bug in it and is memory leaking. I only use ad-block and old-toolbar though.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

It's probably the toolbar that is causing you problems. Those things are notorious for spyware and other forums of malware that can slow your system down.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

It's actually Old Location Bar, not old toolbar as i previously stated, as it disables FF3's "awesome" bar and replaces it with something closer to the location bar of FF2. Although it probably wouldn't hurt to disable it and see how FF3.6.7 runs to see if there is any difference in memory usage. If it is the Old location bar that's causing the issues, I'll be in a conundrum... as I really don't like the awesome bar, but I don't like my memory being used up either. I think I might have turned off some internal FF setting as well to disable the awesome bar. I'll have to take a look at it sometime, or just keep fewer windows open.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm running 3.6.6 and I tend to have several FF windows (tabs) open when I'm working on some web sites, and I don't seem to have the problem of memory usage spiking.
I'm on XP with 4 GB of RAM (yea, I know - my system only recognizes 3.2 GB of that) and an AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor - 4600+ with an NVidea GeForce 8600 GT card with 512 MB onboard RAM.

I haven't upgraded to 3.6.7 yet.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I do have one toolbar as an add-on but it's a web developers tool bar. Here's what my FF looks like.
Click on image to view full size
Here's the add-ons I have installed.
Edit 1: I just found out FF is now at 3.6.8. They must have found a couple errors in 3.6.7 for this release to be so soon after.
Hawk