Back doors

Discussion of any computer-related issues.
Gwizz
CEO

Back doors Unread post

A friend use to tell me MicroSoft didn't put back doors in their programs.
Now the story is a little different. It seems that MS is helping people remove spyware that was hacked into the MS updates. This spyware is extremely hard to remove.

It tracks what you do, makes a copy of your favorites and the cookies, etc. and sends the information out before your security installs, when your computer starts up

or after your security shuts down and before the computer shuts down. I was told that even major security programs have back doors and can't be trusted. It would not surprise me to hear that our government is part of this problem. {,0,}

I put a switch on my modem. I don't turn it on until security in running. I turn it off before I shut down the computer.
The computer turns off and on, faster now.

I was told that this will not help much, as some of the hacking programs will often also work when I connect to and work on the net.

Well if the government's new proposed law passes and turns the internet into a utility, I'm sure the government will do a better job of controling the net. {,0,}

PS: They also put on fast track the proposal to control all media, who can own it and what is said on each of the 4 media services, etc. (Newpapers radio, TV, and the net.)

We will have to learn how to comunicate using mental telepathy. *!*!*! THEY MAY EVEN HACK THAT. **!!!**
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Back doors Unread post

I believe the NSA had a hand in the final release of a few versions of Windows. And MS has a usb drive that makes it easier to get information off of a computer (so it's not exactly a backdoor) http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/m ... law29.html

I thought I read a year or two ago somewhere, that some foreign governments were going to switch to linux because of the risk of there being backdoors in Windows.

If the secret international copyright treaty gets passed that countries are working on and the RIAA is pressing hard for, who knows if there is a backdoor perhaps it will be used and exploited to randomly delete files that they believe are copyrighted works and you didn't legitimately buy. In which case, it would seem the most logical thing to do then would be to have a computer with windows for any games that you might want to play, and then have a separate system with Linux for when you need to connect to the internet.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I've always believed that Microsoft walked away from that 1998 antitrust lawsuit in much better shape than they maybe should have.
It's my belief that the government saw a sparkling opportunity to gain access to most everyone's computer by convincing Microsoft of the old adage "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

Whether or not it's worried about backdoors, google seems to be ditching microsoft for general security concerns.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/d2f3f04e-6ccf ... ab49a.html
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I have Linux (Ubuntu) installed as a secondary boot on my computer. I just haven't had the time to get to know it as well as I need to in order to use it for my primary OS.
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

FYI, For networth MicroSoft was passed by the Mac People. !*th_up*!