Sluggish Google Chrome

Discussion of any computer-related issues.
OilCan
Engineer

Sluggish Google Chrome Unread post

Since late summer I have been plagued by Google Chrome running very slow or not responding at all - on both my work and my personal laptops. I did everything reasonable to fix it (turned off extensions, cleaned browser history, cleaned hard drive, re-installed fresh version, upgraded JAVA, and so many other things) but it either didn't work or it soon returned to its sluggish ways. I have spent hours and hours on forums looking for a cure. There are hundreds of others apparently suffering from the same problem. I had to start using Internet Explorer on my personal laptop. My work laptop requires Chrome for some applications so I have had to endure it.

Late last night I think I found the cure. It is the profile folder. It has to be dumped and a new one started. I'm not sure if others on this forum have suffered from a sluggish Chrome browser. I'd be glad to share how I fixed it, actually how I copied another's posting on how to fix it.
Shamough
Conductor

Re: Sluggish Google Chrome Unread post

I think one or more of your files is hiding a nasty piece of malware that is using your computer.

Try using the people at the following site: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/

Make sure that you post in the correct forum section ... it'll just be your request for help and then follow their instructions.

BEEN THERE ... DONE that !hairpull!

BTW I left a better TAXing system in the "Age of Steam" pg 7:
http://www.hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopi ... 1&start=90

Hans
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!
OilCan
Engineer

Re: Sluggish Google Chrome Unread post

Thanks for the malware warning. I did scan after scan on both laptops and yes, on my personal laptop found some. I'm fairly sure its not malware, but who knows....it might be.

I looked at your tax events earlier today. Nice work.