Problem with loading certain scenarios

Tips & suggestions for a good RT3 playing environment.
basvdriel
Cat

Problem with loading certain scenarios Unread post

Hello everyone,

I've downloaded several scenarios from the archives, but only half of them really work. I install them correctly (I place the .gmp file in the ''maps'' folder), and they show up correctly in my maps list. However, when I load them up, the loading sequence freezes when it reaches ''Loading Player Data''. This happens not to every single downloaded map, but only to maps like ''Modern Africa'', ''Transsiberian Railroad'', ''Disasters in Alaska'' and several others. I've tried everything such as loading the program up in safe mode, playing with lowest possible settings and adjusting the screen resolution. but nothing works. Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks in advance,

Bas
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Problem with loading certain scenarios Unread post

Are you sure you are playing the maps in the right version of RT3? There are 1.05 maps and 1.06 maps.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

As BH mentioned, maps made in one version of RT3 may not play as intended, or even load in another version.

See this topic about multiple installs.

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2363
Hawk
basvdriel
Cat

Thanks for the quick reactions, I will have have a look at it later the day!
!$th_u$!
basvdriel
Cat

Thanks so much guys! The scenarios actually work now! What I did was updating my RRT3 to Coast to Coast, then to 1.05 and then to 1.06 and then a Vista fix. Now the scenarios work fine and I'm going to have a lot of joy of that! Thanks guys! !$th_u$!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Did you do the multiple installs? If not, 1.05 scenarios won't play as intended in 1.06 due to changes in 1.06 that will affect the economy and industry of 1.05 scenarios.
In essence it will probably make 1.05 scenarios a lot easier, if no other issues come up.
Hawk
basvdriel
Cat

Apperantly everything works fine. I've noticed how scenarios became even more difficult for some reason, but I think that's just me :)