Minor issue with 1.06 patch (W10/Steam)

Tips & suggestions for a good RT3 playing environment.
Imaginary Llamas
Cat

Minor issue with 1.06 patch (W10/Steam) Unread post

I have the main game running just fine using dgVoodoo to fix the HW T&L stuff and was able to use a workaround posted elsewhere on this forum to install the 1.06 patch on the Steam version. However, I've noticed when playing campaign missions that the station support buildings (hotel, tavern etc) are often missing from the building list, and occasionally the list has multiple redundant copies of the port and warehouse. This issue is not present in scenarios or sandbox as far as I've noticed. The game is perfectly playable, but it would be nice to be able to use the support buildings in the campaign.
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: Minor issue with 1.06 patch (W10/Steam) Unread post

Well, very glad you got the game working. Welcome to the forum! :salute:

As it's been said many times before, it's better to play the campaign with 1.05. The short version: changes in 1.06 expand the opportunities in the game, but without tweaking the goals, the 1.05 campaigns/scenarios are invariably easier.

It's easy to make extra installs (simply copy the whole game folder). I'm not sure how this works with Steam (I don't have it). Two installs (1.05 and 1.06) is pretty common. Trainmaster is an optional third, and if you mod the game at all you will probably want a separate one for that too.

Having given a caution, I remember someone else having this problem. Dioptimizer provided a solution. If you don't know anything about a hex editor, don't be worried. This is all about changing the FIRST 4 values in the gmc-type saved game file, nothing more.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Minor issue with 1.06 patch (W10/Steam) Unread post

RulerofRails wrote:It's easy to make extra installs (simply copy the whole game folder). I'm not sure how this works with Steam (I don't have it). Two installs (1.05 and 1.06) is pretty common. Trainmaster is an optional third, and if you mod the game at all you will probably want a separate one for that too.
Here's a whole topic dedicated to multiple installs. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2363
Hawk