The Seeder

Discussion about strategies used for the default RT3 campaigns.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

The Seeder Unread post

The following text is a compilation of what was salvaged from the old Gathering Forum. It contains postings from several different people.
Thanks goes out to Wolverine for putting this all together.

Hawk

The Seeder
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this one to be one of the easiest. You need to connect to the extremes by some short additional tracks.
I initally built 19 tracks at Western Melt and sent the train to Glacier Station 1, back towards North Bridge, 14 new tracks to go to Glyd Labs, cross North Bridge, get Oil/Sand then back towards Bravo on Central bridge, when bridge crossed cut direct access to force Glacier run route....
This should get you starting, if you need more come back.
At Hard I was finished Jan2, 2050 at 6.00 pm with 6 hours left. Good luck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this one easy too, got GOLD the 1st time I tried. It's nothing more than a puzzle. You can solve it by adding small pieces of track or removing a piece now and then.
Just keep the train out of the dust. I finished with the northeast part, because it's not easy to get back from there.
I built a tunnel from the top of the mountain down to the coast line in the south east corner of the map. That way the coast line isn't a dead end any more.
Also I discovered in this one that you can place WAYPOINTS on the map! When you are selecting destinations for your train, press and hold CTRL, and you can plot waypoints. I'd been deleting small sections of track in order to get the train to go where I needed it to go... I thought PopTop had overlooked waypoints, but I was wrong!
All in all, it was still relatively easy.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: The Seeder Unread post

I see that there are a few players already making their comments. Hence, I will go off to a different tangent. It was years ago that I player this scenario. And it was the first of this type of programming, to have plants materialize in the landscape. The result from that time of play is not recalled, but I didn't think about using the "waypoint" system. I just bulldozed a section of unnecessry track.

It takes a little planning, and is not very difficult, but it is the concept of creation in the programming at that time. Now there are a couple with a similar concept. This scenario is very relaxing, and can be enjoyed by any player at any level. Again I mention, that although there are new creations all the time, it is just courtesy to these creators, to go back and play these Campaign ones, once in a while. This way we can appreciate the user creations, for the progress which has been made in programming.

:salute: ::!**! !*th_up*! !$th_u$! !!clap!!