Help, backup maps needed.

Discuss about strategies used for the default RT3 scenarios.
zzc
Watchman

Help, backup maps needed. Unread post

Does anyone have the original unmodded maps that came with the game? I forgot to backup before tinkering... can anyone send a download?
Silverback
Watchman

Re: Help, backup maps needed. Unread post

copy ALL the files to a safe place and just reinstall from original media (and patch up if required) then copy back all files but the maps you changed.
zzc
Watchman

I was hoping to avoid reinstalling, guess i'll have to do that...
RulerofRails
CEO

A lot of us have multiple installs. One for 1.05, one for 1.06, one for TM. Then each can have variations. The main idea being to keep one of each type in base form aka "clean" install. Then in other copies install mods, make our own mods, and/or experiment in general with the game. I have at least a dozen installs.

To make another install, unless you have the steam version, it's as simple as pointing the installer somewhere else. In addition, you can copy the game folder for an existing install and that way make a new one. "Clean" installs are good for this because when copying that you know you have a reliable starting point versus a modded one where, let's face it, you probably forgot at least a couple of the things you did.
Sugus
Engineer

Exactly, that's the way to go with RT3 today. Clean install for 1.05, 1.06 and TM, and working copies to play.

(With my RT3 Maps Utility
RT3 Maps Utility.jpg
I can insert and remove maps directly to and from the working folders and even can perform a cleanup.)
There's no business like RT business ...
zzc
Watchman

I have a gog installer...

Done and in a folder named clean. :mrgreen: