new world map

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
aasta
Cat

new world map Unread post

I think I searched thoroughly for help with this one but I found no posts re this map at all.
One of the gold requirements is shipping 100 loads of uranium, but although I'm well past WW II no uranium mines have appeared.
I tried developing military related things and electricity, but still, no uranium mines!
Does anyone have an idea of how I can make one (or more) appear on this map?
Thanks
aasta
JayEff
Conductor

Unread post

Uranium Mines and Nuclear Power Plants start to appear in 1950. When they do exactly depends on luck and the density that the author programmed for these industries.
aasta
Cat

Unread post

Thanks very much for your reply. I took a look at my saved map and I'm in 1953 so maybe I'll see some uranium soon.
Thanks again.
aasta
JayEff
Conductor

Unread post

Really, the map should include an event to place a few in 1950. Depending on luck, a player might never get the chance to make the haul.
aasta
Cat

Unread post

Well, maybe I haven't done enough to develop things so that it knows I'm there. :D It'll probably show up soon.
Thanks.
low_grade
Dispatcher

Re: new world map Unread post

Just getting started on this one. In like April 1834 there's a newspaper that says apples are good for you and then the price of Alcohol goes to $0, just after I built a brewery... so I checked to see if this scenario had any discussion about this, and nope, looks like nobody has had much to say about New World so far...

Edit: just checked in the Editor (first time I've had that open in a couple+ years...) and yes, this scenario does have a bunch of annoying unjustified and not explained events throughout its history, from 1827 to 2010. Including the Alcohol one. Which I now know at the same time will kill Passenger traffic, very annoying for early game... And for the above poster, not that he'll be back again I suspect, there are indeed 5 events starting in 1950 which each add a uranium mine, plus an event to add a nuke plant to generate demand.

Shame about the annoying events. I rather appreciated the terrain on this one...